• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 NSX - Need some help ID'ing some stuff

Hi guys.

I bought an NSX online and kinda needed some help on some things.I would like to see if you guys can tell me what kinda body pieces are on this thing.YES I know it needs some serious bodywork.That is the least of my worries and that is actually 1 big reason why I bought it.I love to build cars from the ground up.And I rather tear apart a car that needs work over tearing apart a perfect specimen of that model. :biggrin:

Can someone ID that hood,front bumper and rear wide panels for me?Any help is appreciated.

hwmxx2.jpg

122kmdi.jpg

2ag2ooo.jpg

5lv5h5.jpg

Plans for it are put a motor in it asap.Then widebody the crap out of it along with headlight conversion and some HRE's.I have worked/helped on many cars before so I can see beyond the cars uglyness right now. :smile:

Thanks for the help.

-Alex

congrats on the project!

No idea what bumper and hood that is but why not check out the Sorcery parts from Japan seeing as you're looking to go widebody? I believe Umbrella Auto Design in the Vendor section here as access to these kits.

Also check out Downforce and Science of Speed as they should both have access to widebody designs. It appears your NSX will need some love and atttention but the perfect platform for going all out on.

keep us all posted.

here's a full conversion to the body that is on your car.

click

this is what he has on the car:

Taitec JGTC 2000 frontend
Taitec JGTC 2000 rear fenders
Yokota JGTC front fender
Marga Hill JGTC sideskirts

Last edited:
It appears your NSX will need some love and atttention but the perfect platform for going all out on.
That is EXACTLY how I am thinking! :biggrin:

Thanks for the info and welcome guys.Whenever I get it here from Cali im gonna rip apart and work on what I can.Probably sell the oem seats and such.Its gonna be a fun build no doubt.

At least we all know that this NSX will now be in good hands. :biggrin: Good luck with the build and have fun! Can't wait to see its final debut.

Last edited:
Wow assuming those rear panels are authentic Science of Speed parts,they are really pricey @ $1,855 for frp!! Thats more than my ASM parts on my s2k.And to think I was gonna sell them on here for like $200 bux.lol.

I need to do more research on anything now before I practically give it away.That is 1 reason I started this thread too.

yeah that kit that you have on yours should cost around $4000 total, i would just repair it since its one of the best looking actual body kits for the pre 02 styling.

huh?!:eek: I thought they were sorcery fenders but examining them closer their defiantly taitec. Great set of fenders Alex! by the way Im still good for 200 for them. :smile: teammate junior discount

Last edited:
huh?!:eek: I thought they were sorcery fenders but examining them closer their defiantly taitec. Great set of fenders Alex! by the way Im still good for 200 for them. :smile: teammate junior discount
lol.We can battle it out for the fenders with a pho eating competition. :tongue:

is that the car on ebay that sold for 6K
More like $7,500 shipped but yup thats it.Im surprised it didnt sell faster.Its a perfect candidate for me since I like to go all out.I hope putting a motor back in it doesnt kill me.The seller is supposed to give me show me a source with a engine FS for a couple grand.

When it gets here i'll see what im gonna keep or ditch.

your like me, like to build front the ground up.take a car that looks like junk and make it look like art.good luck with the build keep us updated

A couple of grand for an NSX engine?:confused::eek:
Can't imagine anybody selling a running engine for that price !!
Hope he comes thru for you though.
Sorry when I meant a couple I meant more like $4,000 or so. :redface:

The build is coming soon.Im finally getting the car shipped this coming week.For right now im trying to get the paint code for this bad boy....
hrmp6p.jpg

Last edited:
Back