• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1994 White vinyl wrapped NSX JH4NA1154RT000483 in Beaumont

You can follow all of UnitedNSX's posts and get somewhat of a background in the time that he owned it. Is this car in Beaumont now? I have not seen it here.

Craigslist link isn't working anymore. I was going to say, I thought it had been sold, and it appears UnitedNSX did sell it. Wasn't too terribly long ago so I'm wondering why the new owner is trying to sell it now...

VIN: JH4NA1154RT000483

Well guys. I flew to Houston on Friday evening. Saturday morning was supposed to meet with him in the morning so I could hit the road by 11. He shows up finally at 11!

First impression of the car was that the wrap was a 10 foot job. Up close or upon opening doors and hatches the work was shoty and in impressive. While Idoling it sat at 500rpm and would drop to 200 and jump to 1000. Upon investigation the aftermarket intake left a few hoses and components open and pushed to the side which could have been a partial cause to this. Under the intake was more acorn shells than I have even seen along with chewed wires (animals made a home in here for quite sometime). Trying to look past these defects I decided to take a look under the car to see if there were signs of clamp marks, bottoming out, or any other damage.......my quote when I kneeled down "WTF man!". There was a nice constant drop of oil on the right side of the motor! I got the jack out and put it in the air and discovered a nice seep of oil from the oil pan, and a combo of oil and grease along/around the passenger CV boot area. There was a lot of oil dripping down from the right side of the motor and around the oil filter as well! After wiping most if it off I decided to take a test drive (with him, incase this motor blew while in my hands).

It it drove strong, real strong and I do believe it has 50,000 miles on it but due to the lack of care it has all gone to heck.
after the test drive I looked under the car and once again the dripping from the motor was for sure nothing old and started to form a tiny puddle on the ground.

inside the car, well it needs a lot of work. I'll start at the driver door. There is a fake carbon fiber vinyl on the arm rest, no not upholstery vinyl but thin car wrap vinyl. Looks horrible but will peel right off. The bezel that goes around the key ignition and around the bottom of the steering column, that's broken off and gone. The driver seat is destroyed, it will need to be replaced or completely reupholstered. The vinyl from the headliner is seperating and needs to be redone. Both visors are splitting. The double center console are rest is covered in the same junk vinyl and covered inside in a mildew/mold. The center console trim around radio and all has the same vinyl and is coming off in all areas. The trim around the vents is broken at the top. The carpet is decent but looks like it has not been vacuumed in quite awhile.

Passenger side is the same but I noticed what appears to be turned bolts on the door.....

the front boot area is decent, some minor surface rust on the bolts. Front bumper bolts have been turned. Missing the spare tire. Battery is covered in rust.

passenger bumper turn signal light is loose. Passenger taillight builds are out.

trunk area is....,well it's there. The carpet is messed up, the jack and tools were there. There is a amp or 6disk changer "installed" in the passenger corner....

ocerall all this car needs A LOT of work!
he was asking $28,500! I talked him to $23,000 based off of pictures and info receieved.
I feel the car is worth maybe $15,000 based off of it selling for $17000 a few years ago on here and what it needs to be a decent representation of a NSX.

Needless less to say I'm sitting in a hotel room with 5 hours left to drive in a 2014 Kia Soul with 600 miles on it (rental car 1 way trip).
I would have loved to do the drive from Houston to Albuquerque in a NSX but I had to go with my gut and walk away from it.

hope somebody can benefit from this information.

Doug.

Not surprised at the outcome but definitely worse than I thought! Poor NSX. Hopefully one day someone will take care of her.

thats what shawn and a few other guys who post on here are about.

yeap we love to restore them back to their former glory its my passion.

but ALWAYS ALWAYS TRUST your gut. when it comes to an NSX. all other times its your penis talking and don't listen to him. that's why I ever go out he talks to much. and the girls are to easy in tampa so I stay home to be safe LOL

Im not scared of any NSX as long as it drives it can be fixed.

Lol. Good times.

well I hope this info could be of benefit to someone else and hopefully save them a plane trip, 2 hotel nights, and a 12hr drive home in a rental car.

it was a decent drive home so I guess that was ok.

Back