• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1998 NSX-T Silver/Black 6-Speed 60,500 M JH4NA2163WT000131

Car Information
Year:
Type:
NSX-T
Transmission:
6-Speed
Exterior color:
Silver
Interior color:
Black
Odometer:
62,000 M
VIN:
JH4NA2163WT000131
Price:

Car History
Title History:
Current title is clean. No known branded title history.
Accidents:
No
Owners:

Seller Information
Dealer:
No
email

Maintenance Information
Maintenance is up to date, and I have maintenance documentation going back to 2010. I skipped the 60,000 maintenance due to the extensive maintenance work that was done last year. I've got documentation of all oil changes that were done by someone other than myself, but I won't list anything aside from major maintenance conducted during my time owning the car below.

12-2017 - Master and slave brake cylinders replaced. This was the first and only issue I had with the car. The clutch no longer had any feel, and I couldn't switch gears when I turned it on. There was a bad leak in the slave brake cylinder, so I had both the master and slave replaced by Rising Sun Auto in Austin.

04-2017 - New BF Goodrich Rival S tires. I didn't take down the exact milage at the time of the install, but it was just under 60k.

04-2016 - I brought the car in for the timing belt to be changed, even though it was reported to have been changed around 50k miles, but there wasn't paperwork to support that. It turned out that the belt had been replaced at some point, but I wanted to be safe rather than sorry. While changing the timing belt, the water pump was also changed as was recommended. There was an issue with a faulty cam gear that was replaced during the job, along with a laundry list of recommended maintenance. The spark plugs were replaced, the intake and exhaust valves were adjusted, and the oil was changed.

Details
The car is in great physical and mechanical condition. The interior is like new. As mentioned in the maintenance, the first and only issue I had with the car was when the slave cylinder was leaking and needed to be replaced earlier this month. Otherwise the car has ran flawlessly. Everything on the car is original, and it has never been modified to my knowledge.

Aside from some chips from highway driving, the paint is in great condition. The tires are practically brand new, with around 1,000 miles on them. I've got a new front lip for the car that I will be installing prior to the sale.

There are a few minor issues with the car that I would like to call out.
Firstly is that the heating/AC unit recently started having the common issue of it only working on high. Due to how little I drive the car, I never bothered to pull the unit out to be repaired (~$90 on Ebay) since it still works when put on high.
There is a cut and bubble on the right front fender measuring about 2 inches. This wasn't there when I purchased the car, and I noticed it for the first time about a year ago. I'm assuming someone was leaning against the car and their belt cut into the paint, but I'm not sure.
The front right bottom of the bumper has a scrape on it where the front lip is mounted to the bumper.

Attachments

• nsx-6_15558430850_o.jpg
    nsx-6_15558430850_o.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 3,603
  • nsx-2.jpg
    nsx-2.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 3,422
  • nsx-1_15558091917_o.jpg
    nsx-1_15558091917_o.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 3,420
  • nsx-2_15743260245_o.jpg
    nsx-2_15743260245_o.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 3,420
  • nsx-3_15558429870_o.jpg
    nsx-3_15558429870_o.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 3,430
  • nsx-4_15123310704_o.jpg
    nsx-4_15123310704_o.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 3,437
  • nsx-5_15719547486_o.jpg
    nsx-5_15719547486_o.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 3,450
Last edited:
Hey Cliff, This is Bill Ferrato the guy who sold you the NSX. Would like to buy it back... I miss it and still remember all the work I put in to.Plz call me at (210)379-6910. My email is [email protected]. This would be a win win... I really miss my old NSX.

Is this same car with California plates from Nevada that was for sale a while ago? I am interested but you don't have any contact options. post your phone number or email.

Is this car still available?

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delayed response. I tried to add more information yesterday when I posted, but it wouldn't let me. Once it was posted I couldn't find it. Here is the remainder of what I was going to put.

I have the original keys, but the fobs were swapped out for aftermarket ones prior to my ownership. I will be providing some extras with the car like windshield wipers, an indoor car cover, oil filters, and a few other odds and ends. I apologize if I’m a bit slow to respond since it’s the holidays, but please let me know if you’re interested or have any other questions. The weather here in Austin has been awful, but I will add some more recent photos here shortly. The car was just received an extensive detailing which included a wash, polish and wax, along with an interior and engine detail.

Email is preferred since I can't always answer my phone. If you do call and I don't answer, please leave a message and I will call you back.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 972.415.9985

Bill,
I'll be calling you back a little later today.

Rusky,
My understanding is that the car has been primarily in California, and spent some time in New Mexico until 2014 when Bill had the car shipped to San Antonio, TX. He kept the car for about a year, and then I purchased it from him.

docjohn,
I was unaware of the odometer issue. I went ahead and ran a Carfax report right now, and it looks like they flagged it with a possible odometer issue, even though the millage lines up over time. I also appears that the car was in some sort of accident that I wasn't aware of in 2003.

MisterNSX,
Yes, the car is still available.

carfax1.jpg
carfax2.jpg
carfax3.jpg

Ah, that one went immediately. Maybe it was because I included a Carfax image. Here is a link to the Carfax: https://www.carfax.com/api/consumer...b1160636d7662bb42eadc8629936f8c1898d2b71460cd

I guess I should have done more research prior to purchasing the car, but I still would have bought it regardless thanks to the condition it was in.

The car is still for sale, and I believe this was the one that was for sale in NV with California plates.

Carfax says that the millage didn't match the title. I hadn't pulled a Carfax on the car until I saw the post above. The car is flagged for the odometer not matching the title, but the milage looks correct to me through the lifetime of the car when it is reported. I'm not sure if it was flagged because it wasn't reported or what. There also is an accident on the record, but my previous understanding was that it never had been in any wrecks. I am also the 3rd owner, not the 4th. I was under the impression that an Acura dealership technically "owned" the car for some time, but it looks like it was sold to the first owner in 1998.

A few other notes I wanted to post but they never went live
- I have the original keys, but the fobs were swapped for aftermarket ones prior to my ownership. I believe some of the receipts I have document this.
- I will be providing some extras with the car. An indoor cover, a mat to work on the engine and some maintenance parts.
- The car was detailed about a week ago and received a wash, polish and wax, along with an engine bay cleaning and interior detail. I tried to take it out to take pictures the other day and it started to rain, so I didn't get any. I'll snap some tonight in the garage.
- I'll be installing the new front spoiler this weekend when it's a bit warmer, and I'm not bogged down with work

Sorry for the delay, I was waiting to hear back from NSX Prime. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I guess I should have done more research prior to purchasing the car, but I still would have bought it regardless thanks to the condition it was in.

The car is still for sale, and I believe this was the one that was for sale in NV with California plates.

Carfax says that the millage didn't match the title. It looks like I was somewhat misinformed or at least didn't pick up on everything I was told. The car is flagged for the odometer not matching the title, but the milage looks correct to me through the lifetime of the car when it is reported. I'm not sure if it was flagged because it wasn't reported or what. There also is an accident on the record, but my understanding was that it never had been in any wrecks. I am also the 3rd owner, not the 4th. I was under the impression that an Acura dealership technically "owned" the car for some time, but it looks like it was sold to the first owner in 1998.

A few other notes I wanted to post but they never went live
- I have the original keys, but the fobs were swapped for aftermarket ones prior to my ownership. I believe some of the receipts I have document this.
- I will be providing some extras with the car. An indoor cover, a mat to work on the engine and some maintenance parts.
- The car was detailed about a week ago and received a wash, polish and wax, along with an engine bay cleaning and interior detail. I tried to take it out to take pictures the other day and it started to rain, so I didn't get any. I'll snap some tonight in the garage.

Sorry for the delay, I was waiting to hear back from NSX Prime. Let me know if you have any other questions.

nsx-1.jpg
nsx-2.jpg
nsx-3.jpg
nsx-4.jpg
nsx-5.jpg
nsx-6.jpg
nsx-7.jpg
nsx-8.jpg

nsx-9.jpg
nsx-10.jpg
nsx-11.jpg
nsx-12.jpg
nsx-13.jpg

It's no longer letting me post photos, but I've uploaded them HERE on Flickr.

Last edited by a moderator:

funny...i was the one looking to pick this up years ago when another member pulled the mileage discrepancy.

if you have documents to back up that the mileage is correct, then carfax/autocheck will correct their records
i bought an m3 recently that had the same issue, but the seller corrected it with carfax/autocheck before the deal went through

you still have the accident history, but mileage discrepancy is a big no no and it is on you to correct that before selling - otherwise accept the drastic discount of a car that has had it's odometer modified

[MENTION=29297]scbeast[/MENTION] - I'm going to reach out to the California and New Mexico DMV, as well as Carfax to get the odometer discrepancy worked out. It's clearly a fat fingering of an extra digit, but I can see why that would be concerning to a potential buyer. I'll keep everyone posted as to how that goes.

Did this sell?

I've contacted the NM DMV 3 times now, and each time they tell me that they will look into the reading which can take up to a month, and then never call me back. Every time I call back, they have no record of my previous request no matter how much information I provide them. I would like to resolve the odometer issue, but it doesn't appear they are willing to work with me. Because of this I'm lowering the price.

I'm 100% confident that the DMV fat fingered the millage and added an extra digit since people don't put 20k millage on an NSX in the first year, nor do they lie/roll back the miles just a year into owning the car and then keep it without trying to sell it for 15 years. The original owner only sold the car because he was too old to comfortable drive it anymore.

I'm now asking $58,000.

I'll be posting it on Craigslist later this week.

Back