• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1st oil change MI

Following Richard's (Zanardi 47) suggestion, today I made an appointment with Suburban Acura, F'ton Hills, MI, for L-O-F. Mileage 3550. Next Weds, Mike, as tech. Karl Messer as service manager for app't. Hope I'll be able to post good comments after. Their # 248-471-9200.
Meanwhile, out with WingZ's (LBB 2004 6 spd, N 'burbs of Motor City) Nissan Z Club last Sunday, I had a very fun time running with 90-91 300ZX TT's. M-14 westbound was stellar. Triple figures came quickly...
Winter is around the corner for us here in the N country, and every last opportunity to drive the NSX must be thoroughly explored!

Just had the LBB NSX in last week there for an oil change. Dad was MIA so I took it in and I was in and out in 40 min flat. Very good c/s. When I had my CL Type-S they were good to me then also. Fast turn around. Give me a ring when you are there and I'll come down and pester you........ :biggrin:

Glad you guy's brought this up I need to take mine in next week as well ,because next week is my last week to drive it :frown:

Do you guy's do just an oil change or is their something extra?

Yeah that was a good time. Sorry I missed the drive though! Tomorrow is supposed to be nice so maybe I'll head towards M14 to see what the roads are like :biggrin:

Ekin thx for info. I'll give you a shout Weds AM - hope weather is decent (i.e. no rain).
L-O-F, plus I want to raise the driver's side headlight beam. It simply does not project far enough up the boulevard!

Looks like Suburban is going to get a bunch of year end NSX business in early November. I am scheduled for oil filter and front rotor replacement on the afternoon of the 10th. Mike worked on my car this past spring and did a nice job.

Dave, I remember your post about them and gives me faith to know you are using them again. The 9-11 put up for winter?

Alright guy's I took my NSX to Datsun Doctor and had the oil change. It was $59.65 for synthetic. I've been going there for years and alway's get good service.

I get to watch them pull the car in and see it up on the rack , while she's gently being serviced. I have to say you have to be pretty die hard car guy not to look underneath these cars and not go "wow"! I was planning on putting in headers and exhaust next spring ,but may just leave it as the car seems great the way it is.

Oh I meant to tell you guy's about the one mod you must get. It's the Downforce or Cantrell intake scoop. I paid like a hundred bucks and it's been great! The engine seems to just roar at you and there is noticable acceleration difference.

Lastly.....Ekin95? how does your dad cope? I haven't even put the car away yet and I going through withdrawel :eek:

:biggrin: Tonight finds me happy with not only a good service experience but from a lunch with Ekin95 and Dennis and the visual titillation of that LBB '04 with the HRE's. Under the sunshine, the LBB seems neon. Can only imagine what it must do at night...
Anyway, yea, the service experience. Karl Messer greeted me, was very nice, and their service very efficient. The imola thing drew some employee attention, which was accepted as "all good." Let me bring on my own Mobil 1 10W-30 and oil filter with the obligatory "crush washer" taped to the top. Total bill, including the little headlight adjustment, was a whopping $21.73. Man, it is horrible owning a Honda, isn't it? :tongue:
It seems like they (Suburban Acura, Farmington Hills, MI) would be interested in having the NSX crew out sometime next summer for a generate-sales-traffic Saturday. Something to think about for next year as a possible meet.
WingZ what you say about getting under the unit. Seeing the construction, cradle(s), "welds", sub-assemblies, and fabrication. They had to drag me out from under so's to lower the rascal. Rear tires wearing O K at mileage 3644.
Everything a "GO" plus a sunny November day temp 61 F in the Motor, touching all 4/5 lanes of I-275 NB and SB enroute to and from.
It's going to be a long two to three weeks til I drive it again.

Happy to hear you had a good experience. I received a call from Suburban about an hour ago letting me know that my new rotors were in stock. The parts gal said that they had an NSX in the shop today.

My 911 will be going into storage in a week or two.

Oh wow...Dave do you put up your 911 and your NSX?

Both the NSX and 911 are parked for the winter. I only have a two car garage so the 911 is going into off site heated storage (through Auto Europe in Birmingham if anyone is looking for storage options) and the NSX will stay in my garage.

I assume that you store one or more of your toys?

Yeah we're supposed to store the NSX and my wifes Vette. I also only have a two car garage ,but found most storage places to be kinda pricey. If you don't mind my asking how much is the storage place in Birmingham? It would be great to put my Z and M3 in the garage. So that would leave only the other two cars in the driveway. Man I need a bigger garage :frown:

Sorry, for the late reply but I have been traveling. Auto Europe charges $150 per month for heated but there is a place on Woodward (accross the street from the Pontiac truck plant) that has non heated storage for $90. I can get you a phone number for either if you have an interest. A co-worker uses the Pontiac location.

Sounds like you need a much bigger garage!

Back