• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2000 Honda Prelude "Type-R" 139Kmi. - two owner - needs nothing - $7,900 obo

2000 Honda Prelude "Type-R" 139Kmi. - two owner - needs nothing - $7,900 obo

2000 Honda Prelude base model "Type-R" with 5 speed manual transmission and only 139,000 original miles. Needs NOTHING...EVERYTHING works perfectly!

VIN: JHMBB6143YC007184

This is a hard-to-find two owner car I bought from the original owner in Rockwall three years ago with 90,000 miles. At the time, it had a recent new clutch, battery, and front brake pads. Since then, I have done a complete tune-up (platinum spark plugs, cap, rotor, wires, and a valve adjustment), new timing belt service including replacement of the water pump and all associated oil seals / plugs all using Genuine Honda Parts.

This car is basically stock with the only add-ons being: a Top Speed brand intake, header, and catback exhaust (with genuine titanium sleeve tip), after-market faux suede Recaro-style red racing seats, genuine leather shifter boot with red stitching, Type-R style aluminum ball shift knob, Type-R steering wheel with cruise control and still intact and SRS by-pass resistor, Type-R rear wing deck spoiler (much higher-than stock wing), and OEM Honda Prelude SH wheels...powder-coated in white...with red tuner logs and matching valve stem caps. LED daytime running lights have also been added into the front grille as well as JDM red Honda "H" badging front and rear and Type-R logo on the trunk lid back.

All mods are bolt-on that can be removed to return the car to bone stock in a matter of a couple of hours, as I still have all the original stock parts. In other words, no major mods have been done to anything on the engine or suspension...and the car has not been raced or tracked; only used as a daily commuter and as a show car.

Oil changes have been performed every 3,000 to 4,000 miles. She runs and sounds great. Clean body with no major damage (only a ding here & a scratch there...). You will not find a cleaner, unmolested Prelude out there!

Recent...brand new: radiator, battery, rear brake pads, and fresh alignment. Also recently replaced the power steering pump (it was making noise) and the ABS modulator (the dash ABS light was on). The tires still have good tread left.

LOWERED ASKING PRICE!!!!! Now ONLY asking $7,900 !!!

No trades, I will not finance it, and I'm not interested in parting it out at this time. No overseas, scammers, or lowballers.

Car can be seen anytime...just call George at (214) 629-1299 to ask any other questions and/or make an appointment to see it.

Last edited:
Back