• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2000 NSX-T Red/Black 6-Speed 17350 JH4NA2169YT000024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car Information
Year:
Type:
NSX-T
Transmission:
6-Speed
Exterior color:
Red
Interior color:
Black
Odometer:
VIN:
JH4NA2169YT000024
Price:
$72,000 obo

Car History
Title History:
Current title is clean. No known branded title history.
Accidents:
No
Owners:
Three

Seller Information
Dealer:
No
PM or email

Maintenance Information
Timing belt, water pump, drive and supercharger belts, coolant, supercharger oil, transmission fluid replaced four years ago. Just passed smog check and is registered until 2020 in California. Oil and filter changes have only been necessary on an annual basis. New battery this year.

Details
I purchased this unique 2000 NSX-T in 2013 from a Prime member in Portland, Oregon. Here is a link to the original Prime listing:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...E-AB-SC-8800-Original-Miles-JH4NA2169YT000024

He explained how he had bought the car from the first owner, who also maintained a serious Ferrari collection. This NSX was first sold in California by an Acura dealer who installed the Comptech modifications (supercharger, headers, airbox, and exhaust) prior to its initial sale. The car moved with the first owner to Washington where it was babied in his collection. By the time of my purchase, it had accumulated only 9200 miles. I flew up to Portland and drove it 900 miles back to Southern California the same day. The car performed flawlessly and has never missed a beat.

That first owner had it painted in his favorite Rosso Corsa red, leaving the original Silverstone for the body stripes and rear lower valance. The paintwork totaled approximately $15,000 and it still shows amazingly well with only a few small rock chips. I was, of course, concerned about why someone would paint such a low mileage car. A PPI confirmed no signs of any accident damage whatsoever and a very clean bill of health. In fact, the original VIN stickers on the various body panels remain in place and were not painted over.

The car also features Comptech springs/Koni yellow adjustable struts, Brembo performance slotted rotors with stock NSX calipers, Comptech engine brace engine cover to accommodate the supercharger.

I replaced the center console with a new factory Acura part and carefully removed the SOS carbon fiber overlay pieces to restore the interior to stock. I also installed one of the HID headlight kits from WhiteNSX. A GROM iPod/Bluetooth audio unit was already installed and the car was wired for a Valentine One radar detector.

Last year, I bought a really nice set of factory wheels/tires from a fellow Prime member which are now on the car. Here is a link:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ls-finished-in-gunmetal?p=1966497#post1966497

The TSW wheels which were on the car when I purchased it are also included. The tires on those have plenty of tread but should be replaced due to age at this point.

The interior of the car is in excellent condition. All electronics are 100% functional, no slow windows, A/C blows cold, and radio, speakers, antenna work normally.

The engine cover design still allows for the targa top to be stored even with the engine brace. All of the tools are present in the trunk, however the trunk shocks should be replaced. There is no spare tire/wheel present.

Now with 17,350 miles on the odometer, this NSX has only been driven sparingly and kept under cover in my warehouse on a battery tender. It is my fourth NSX and the first one to have a supercharger. I understand and appreciate the desire to maintain the purity of the original design, however I have to wholeheartedly agree with other Prime members who have said this is the way the car should have evolved over time. I am not a track driver, instead preferring early morning drives on our great local canyons. This car always puts a smile on my face with the power and handling perfectly matched. Also, Comptech received CARB certification for all of the modifications so everything is smog legal in California.

Lastly, I was a little unsure about buying this NSX based on the ‘different’ paint scheme, but it is a striking car in person and never fails to draw compliments and thumbs up on the road.

Clean, clear title in my name. Includes original manuals, all keys/remotes, OEM CD changer, original shocks/springs, new front spoiler lip, used Smartenna module, Weathercraft car cover, and a set of TSW wheels.

I also have a ton of NSX memorabilia including books, magazines, posters. models, original press kit, etc.

3rd party pre-purchase inspections are welcomed and would need to be setup and paid for by the potential buyer. There is an Acura dealer close by in Ventura and they worked on one of my other NSXs. I also have a two-post lift in my warehouse if someone prefers to bring their mechanic.

Happy to answer any questions and provide additional photos upon request. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 1,049
  • IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 1,034
  • IMG_0185.jpg
    IMG_0185.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 1,034
  • IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg