• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2001 on ebay JH4NA21681T000067

Re: 2001 on ebay

Yikes -- car certainly seems to have the attributes that I would be looking for; one owner car, kept stock, and looks terrific. Assuming it would produce a good PPI, I would have to think it would go for at least 45k. Keep us posted.

Good luck on your search! Jay

Funny, I've emailed the seller a couple of times trying to obtain more info on the maintenance and condition of the car, but if fellow Prime members are going to bid on it, I will bow out. I'm not interested in starting a bidding war.

I've got my eye on the 2000 silver NSX in Scottsdale anyway, and will probably do whatever I can to buy that car, so if you're reading this, please don't drive the price up for me. :biggrin:

did a search on prime for you on that VIN JH4NA21681T000067

and nothing poped up. then I

googled it and found this was or is in NY

http://www.dealer24x7.com/PageNumbe...eMake=Acura&VehicleModel=NSX&VehicleYear=2001

and another site poped up it was in french but the link didnt work but it listed the VIN on their site

http://www.americaronline.com/fr/component/ebayimportator/?task=expertise&itemID=260863843118

goodluck, I really really want a 2001 its the last year of the pop-ups with all the perks.

Car looks clean and being a one owner and zero reported accidents... not too bad, nice find.

Although, I'd bet anything the drive side quarter panel was removed or replaced at one point. All of the bolts on the driver side quarter panel in the trunk jam are rusted. Tell tale sign IMO.

Looks nice and original for sure and if it is as appears I am sure it will not stay on the market long.

A few things:
1. is it my imagination or is there no front lip (little black strip running along the front)
2. What the heck is sitting behind the coin tray?
3. Is that an air freshner wedged in front of the gear shift?
4. Kind of a neat gear shifter, I assume the owner has the original shifter - might be worth asking about it.

The NY crew around here is pretty active now that the snow is starting to melt, might want to reach out to them if you want a trained eye to give it a look. I know they are having their dinner this weekend, so there will be a large collection of NSX owners out and about. I suspect most of them are like me and like going out to have a look at cars :)

Good luck, I hope it works out well for you.

1. is it my imagination or is there no front lip (little black strip running along the front)
The seller said he had the front chin spoiler removed by the dealer because it kept scraping against his sloped driveway. Take it for what it's worth. Also, the timing belt and water pump have not been changed, so factor that into the price as well.

The one in Scottsdale isn't pristine either. It had its rear end (or bumper, I forget which) replaced as well (due to a fender bender, according to the seller), so I'm hoping to get a good deal on it...if the seller ever returns to town.

Last edited:

Although, I'd bet anything the drive side quarter panel was removed or replaced at one point. All of the bolts on the driver side quarter panel in the trunk jam are rusted. Tell tale sign IMO.
That is a huge concern. I'd strongly recommend any serious buyers do a thorough PPI as well as get a visual inspection (by a trusted NSX Prime member if not in person) if possible.

Car looks clean and being a one owner and zero reported accidents... not too bad, nice find.

I noticed this car earlier too earlier this morning, as I'm in the market. Unsure about whether I'll pursue, and this is not intended to disuade anyone: also looks like the trunk rubber seal is ripped in two places, possibly from rework? Also is it an optical illusion or is there an extra gap or clearance at the fitup of the gage cluster near the oil pressure gage in the photo of the odo?

SOLD! 38k buy it now.

Wonder who scored it :confused:

nice price???:eek: that was a GODLY price someone lucked out on that one.

I would think it would have went for 45K or higher

the 2001 are the second most sought after next to the Zanardi's
then follows up the 02-05

yikes lucky guy

I'm suspicious of the low price; I'm pretty sure he could have gotten more for it if it didn't have any major issues. Anyway, good luck to whoever purchased it.

I'm suspicious of the low price; I'm pretty sure he could have gotten more for it if it didn't have any major issues. Anyway, good luck to whoever purchased it.

Actually, without even giving a look at this car in person I can guarantee the driver side quarter was replaced. If you not only look at the rusted bolts, but in this picture it is also missing the VIN tag sticker as shown on the passenger side. Seems like a good deal for this car, but I suspect prior damage at some point.

KGrHqVoUE8VqItkp3BPVjjsndkg60_3.jpg

That was an incredible deal!!!!!!!!!!! Hope someone here got it. Dealer perhaps?

Actually, without even giving a look at this car in person I can guarantee the driver side quarter was replaced. If you not only look at the rusted bolts, but in this picture it is also missing the VIN tag sticker as shown on the passenger side. Seems like a good deal for this car, but I suspect prior damage at some point.

Good find. Is it just me or is there a larger gap on the left side of the spoiler, compared to the right?

$(KGrHqN,!qUE88fkIt(SBPVjhKB5JQ~~60_3.JPG

Good luck with your venture. I also had a question for you guys. I am seeing another NSX 91 on ebay #251011594485 VIN#JH4NA1151MT002605
What do you guy's think about this car?

Good luck with your venture. I also had a question for you guys. I am seeing another NSX 91 on ebay #251011594485 VIN#JH4NA1151MT002605
What do you guy's think about this car?
The AutoCheck score is below average, apparently due to lease (not terribly concerned) and emissions issues (could be a concern). I don't like the lack of a chin spoiler, and the wheels and exhaust aren't to my taste, but those are YMMV items. I don't have a good eye for spotting problems in pictures, so I will defer that to others.

Thanks for the reply. I too don't like the exhaust look on this one either. Hopefully someone can take a closer look. Cheers marc

def had the rear driver fender replaced

no vin on that panel. and body shops WILL NEVER paint the new bolts by hand. so they will rust and show just like someone said earlier.

so they either wrecked it or it was hit and if you read his discription of the car never does say never wrecked, and it has a clean title

most people say those things but since it was forgot to mention kinda thing, something is up.

so the VIN for this car for future searches is
VIN JH4NA21681T000067

KGrHqVoUE8VqItkp3BPVjjsndkg60_3.jpg

I think this was a good deal for someone. Cars in New York City just get damaged (the roads are horrible and people drive foolishly) . It's a fact of life. The problem is that, unless the owner documented everything, you won't know how badly it was hit.

car just sold on ebay again for $39,500

edit: that sale mustn't have gone through, since it's on ebay again for 46500 Buy It Now.

edit again: 7/29/2013
most recent listing sold for $16,450.00 probably not a real sale...

Last edited:
Back