2002 "like" Front-End

What are my options if I want to get a 2002-like front end?

I just looked at SOS and it appears that the complete kit runs $6800. I think its a little bit more than what I can spend.

How difficult is it to get just the headlights and modify the hood/bumper?

jerryho said:
What are my options if I want to get a 2002-like front end?

I just looked at SOS and it appears that the complete kit runs $6800. I think its a little bit more than what I can spend.

How difficult is it to get just the headlights and modify the hood/bumper?

i believe the lights alone are the biggest expense at about $3000. Even just the shells alone without HID will be around 1500-2000 I believe.

I think you may need to ask yourself if you want to do it right the first time or have a half ass job. Going to the 2002+ look is more than just sticking the lights on. I would not skimp of quality because you will be able to quickly tell the difference. Dont forget to budget for paint with the new 2002+ bumper or whatever aftermarket one you put on. Good luck.

Nik

yeah i think the biggest cost per item is the lights + the HIDS
i think you can go with aftermarket HID's but each headlight assembly is $800 a piece and you still need to fabricate/buy custom brackets to make them fit mechanically. you could probably get the na1 bumper cut and molded, but after that much trouble you'd be better off getting the 02 lamp + SOS kit + any bumper/hood combo like stated above, i really want the 02 upgrade, but i'm poor atm and cant do it right, so i'll probably stick with my flip ups for now :biggrin:
some people have done it on a budget, like speedyizzy i think, but you have to be creative about sourcing parts and getting the work done, paint/install will factor in $1000-2000 to be conservative i think,

i think that at the end of the day, i'd rather get a na1 raw CF type R hood + SOS stage 2 upgrade + stacey's side skirts + nav pod etc, i think all those added up to less than just the 02 headlight upgrade, so if you think about it, it would take about $6k + shipping + $1-$2k paint/body, you could buy alot of other neat mods for that :biggrin:, but yeah everytime i see an 02 i get pissed off and want the 02 headlights again =) good luck

khappucino said:
yeah i think the biggest cost per item is the lights + the HIDS
i think you can go with aftermarket HID's but each headlight assembly is $800 a piece and you still need to fabricate/buy custom brackets to make them fit mechanically. you could probably get the na1 bumper cut and molded, but after that much trouble you'd be better off getting the 02 lamp + SOS kit + any bumper/hood combo like stated above, i really want the 02 upgrade, but i'm poor atm and cant do it right, so i'll probably stick with my flip ups for now :biggrin:
some people have done it on a budget, like speedyizzy i think, but you have to be creative about sourcing parts and getting the work done, paint/install will factor in $1000-2000 to be conservative i think,

i think that at the end of the day, i'd rather get a na1 raw CF type R hood + SOS stage 2 upgrade + stacey's side skirts + nav pod etc, i think all those added up to less than just the 02 headlight upgrade, so if you think about it, it would take about $6k + shipping + $1-$2k paint/body, you could buy alot of other neat mods for that :biggrin:, but yeah everytime i see an 02 i get pissed off and want the 02 headlights again =) good luck

Khappi, Just drive your car with the headlight up, then you will have the '06 looks :biggrin: .

NSX01 said:
Khappi, Just drive your car with the headlight up, then you will have the '06 looks :biggrin: .

Hahaha. That made me laugh and I'm now getting stared at from my co-workers.

You can always do what Jin1978 did. The 02 lights on the 91 bottom half. I thought it looked good and was considering that for my nsx (whenever I get mine lol) :tongue:

yeah, jin's na1 + 02 headlights looks cooler i think than NA2 + 02 headlights,
i think the SOS front bumper is pretty close to the na1 look though,

haha
too bad i dont have all CF body panels, then i could be cheap and get raw CF hood and 02 CF bumper and 02 headlights and not have to paint it LOL!!!

If I were to do 02 conver.
1. GT-Rom or JDM or 02 headlight $1600(gt-rom cheaper 1400)
2.after market HID $350 6000K
3.SOS GT front bumper $950
5.c-west carbon fiber great AAA hood $500 or $400 on ebay sometime.
paint and labors 1,500
------------------------------
total for the front =$4900

--------------------------------------------------------------
here is mine:
-OEM headlight 1600
-OEM HID $900(stupid) aftermarket 6000k $350-$450
-OEM front end bumper $1610.00(top part $800,bottom part$700,lip$110) SOS gt bumper look nicer and cheaper.
-02 valance $560
-02 tail light $650
-Stacy's sideskirts $850(no vent for 02 look)
-paint and labor 1500
---------------------
To do a complete car total $7670

How hard is it to do the body work as far as doing it yourself. I did my conversion on my Intergra a while back (obviously not an NSX) but is it a difficult task. Is it a definite to take it to the shop to do it for you?

Back