• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002+ "mini-spoiler"

There are inexpensive reproductions around,check our regular vendors.If $ is no object and you don't mind doing some alterations,the oem piece is available,you need to cut off the metal brackets that are used to screw the oem piece to the trunk,from there it is a simple tape job,but the repros are much easier.

Does anyone know if there is aerodynamic benefit to this little thing?

Too bad, it sure could use a little help back there. My car's tushie looks like a volcanic beach after a few hundred miles.

White94 said:
Does anyone know if there is aerodynamic benefit to this little thing?

Same here, I thought it was actaully supposed to do something as in smooth out the air flow over the rear of the car...you do see some race cars with it, but all the pictures of the NSX-R I've seen don't have it...hrmness.

--
George

i dont mean to hi-jack this thread, but why does the rear bumper get so damn dirty. :mad: One trip around the block and i can sign my name on my rear bumper...

My thoughts (no facts to back it up) is that Acura disrupted the original body lines slightly in '02 with the headlights, rear diffuser and other small changes. In order to counter-act these changes without having to redesign the rear deck lid and spoiler they probably opted to add the mini spoiler. After testing Acura most likely found the lip spoiler achieved the desired effect without anymore costly redesigns. That would explain why the Type R doesn't have it. The Type R doesn't need it because the entire aerodynamic package was changed, from the hood scoop, to the highly functional rear diffuser. The project was driven with a very specific goal in mind, so they engineered the desired effect directly into the ENTIRE car.

Back