• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002 US-Spec NSX Production Numbers

Ben

Experienced Member
I calculated the full set of 2002 US-Spec NSX VINs, and manually got all the color/transmission combos from American Honda's database.

The highest VINs for 2002 are:

2T000242 for the manual cars
2T000012 for automatic cars

For 2002, manual and automatic cars have their own VIN "series", meaning they are numbered differently. So, there would be two #000001 (one for manual, one for automatic), two #000002, and so on and so forth, all the way to #12, after which, there would only be the manual cars.

All 2002 cars are NSX-Ts

8 of the 2002 cars (6 manual transmission and 2 automatic) were not in Amercan Honda's database. It's possible that Honda Japan kept these cars for their own use. It's also possible that these cars were used as test mules to certify the new 2002 facelift met US safety/emission regulations. For the purposes of this database, I had to leave these color combinations as unknown.

If anyone knows of or has seen any of these 8 cars, feel free to share what you know. The 8 cars in question are:

JH4NA21692T000001 (manual)
JH4NA21602T000002 (manual)
JH4NA21622T000003 (manual)
JH4NA21642T000004 (manual)
JH4NA21662T000005 (manual)
JH4NA21692T000077 (manual)
JH4NA12682T000001 (automatic)
JH4NA12612T000003 (automatic)

Ideally, someone else should go through and compile their own list, so that we can compare and verify that no mistakes were made when recording the data. After it's been verified no mistakes have been made, this can be added to the production numbers section of the FAQ. Additionally, I have the data for which VIN goes with which color/transmission combo, if anyone was interested in that sort of thing.

Long Beach Blue Pearl/Onyx Manual: 6
Long Beach Blue Pearl/Blue Manual: 13
Long Beach Blue Pearl/Camel Manual: 3
Long Beach Blue Pearl/Onyx Auto: 0
Long Beach Blue Pearl/Blue Auto: 0
Long Beach Blue Pearl/Camel Auto: 2
Silverstone Metallic/Onyx Manual: 39
Silverstone Metallic/Silver Manual: 35
Silverstone Metallic/Onyx Auto: 1
Silverstone Metallic/Silver Auto: 1
New Formula Red/Onyx Manual: 15
New Formula Red/Camel Manual: 15
New Formula Red/Red Manual: 3
New Formula Red/Onyx Auto: 0
New Formula Red/Camel Auto: 1
New Formula Red/Red Auto: 0
Spa Yellow Pearl/Onyx Manual: 35
Spa Yellow Pearl/Yellow Manual: 13
Spa Yellow Pearl/Onyx Auto: 1
Spa Yellow Pearl/Yellow Auto: 1
Berlina Black/Onyx Manual: 20
Berlina Black/Camel Manual: 7
Berlina Black/Red Manual: 3
Berlina Black/Onyx Auto: 0
Berlina Black/Camel Auto: 1
Berlina Black/Red Auto: 0
Imola Orange Pearl/Onyx Manual: 1
Imola Orange Pearl/Orange Manual: 19
Imola Orange Pearl/Onyx Auto: 0
Imola Orange Pearl/Orange Auto: 1
Grand Prix White/Onyx Manual: 3
Grand Prix White/White Manual: 3
Grand Prix White/Camel Manual: 3
Grand Prix White/Onyx Auto: 0
Grand Prix White/White Auto: 1
Grand Prix White/Camel Auto: 0
Unknown Manual: 6
Unknown Auto: 2

Total Long Beach Blue Pearl Manual: 22
Total Long Beach Blue Pearl Auto: 2
Total Silverstone Metallic Manual: 74
Total Silverstone Metallic Auto: 2
Total New Formula Red Manual: 33
Total New Formula Red Auto: 1
Total Spa Yellow Pearl Manual: 48
Total Spa Yellow Pearl Auto: 2
Total Berlina Black Manual: 30
Total Berlina Black Auto: 1
Total Imola Orange Pearl Manual: 20
Total Imola Orange Pearl Auto: 1
Total Grand Prix White Manual: 9
Total Grand Prix White Auto: 1
Total Unknown Manual: 6
Total Unknown Auto: 2

Total Long Beach Blue Pearl: 24
Total Silverstone Metallic: 76
Total New Formula Red: 34
Total Spa Yellow Pearl: 50
Total Berlina Black: 31
Total Imola Orange Pearl: 21
Total Grand Prix White: 10
Total Unknown: 8

Total Manual: 242
Total Auto: 12

Grand Total 2002 US-Spec NSX: 254

2005 data available here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62909

2004 data available here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62923

2003 data available here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62978

2001 data available here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63161

2000 data available here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63218

1999 data available here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65231

1991-1998 data available here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/productionnumbers.htm

Time permitting, I'll run the 1998 data as well to verify the information currently in the FAQ.

Last edited:
Wow, ive got one of 15 New formula reds with Onyx interior !

It seems like its a rare combination for 02, especially compared to all of the silver, and yellow ones produced for 02 !

Thanks for posting that !

Not to make more work, but is it assumed that all of the cars listed have removable roofs? Can't you tell if they are coupes? I know coupes are rare, how many are there from 2002 and up?

comquat1 said:
Not to make more work, but is it assumed that all of the cars listed have removable roofs? Can't you tell if they are coupes? I know coupes are rare, how many are there from 2002 and up?

There were no US-Spec NSX Coupes for 2002-2005. The last year that Acura offered NSX Coupes in the US was 2001. 2002-2005 are all NSX-Ts.

Hello, new NSX owner here (and very happy might I add, passed on the C6 for a 1999 Yellow/Black 15,000 miles) in any case I can not find production numbers for the year 1999. Can anyone help? Thanks rjw

RICHARD J WOLF said:
Hello, new NSX owner here (and very happy might I add, passed on the C6 for a 1999 Yellow/Black 15,000 miles) in any case I can not find production numbers for the year 1999. Can anyone help? Thanks rjw

Work in progress. Watch this space for updates. :)

Thanks Ben. I have always wondered... but always to lazy to search.

Nice work Ben! I'm still trying to get you a photo of that 2005 Automatic "Crashed" NSX door jamb for the serial number. Let me call the guy again and get it.

Jetpilot

WHOOOOOOWHO! Only one made for my year! Hehe...man I'm excited!

Its very cool to see the production numbers from 2002 to 2005. I wonder if most of what was sold in the U.S was order only? The Kid mentioned something to that effect or that alot of dealers didn't even sell NSX's.

WHOOOOOOWHO! Only one made for my year! Hehe...man I'm excited!

Its very cool to see the production numbers from 2002 to 2005. I wonder if most of what was sold in the U.S was order only? The Kid mentioned something to that effect or that alot of dealers didn't even sell NSX's.

If I remember correctly from talking to the dealers when I got my car, most dealers wouldn't get an NSX unless they requested them, and even then, some dealers who didn't have high NSX sales volume history either didn't get the quantity they requested, or didn't get any at all. Dealers with a history of high NSX sales, would have precedence when the cars were allocated. I think the cars were built ahead of time in Japan, but which US dealers ultimately got them was based on their past NSX sales history (or they ordered and waited).

If I remember correctly from talking to the dealers when I got my car, most dealers wouldn't get an NSX unless they requested them, and even then, some dealers who didn't have high NSX sales volume history either didn't get the quantity they requested, or didn't get any at all. Dealers with a history of high NSX sales, would have precedence when the cars were allocated. I think the cars were built ahead of time in Japan, but which US dealers ultimately got them was based on their past NSX sales history (or they ordered and waited).

Most Acura dealers did very poorly with the NSX......many lingered on the the showroom floors for months and they could have cared less about the car...it was only at the end of the '05 model year cars that dealers were happy to have one of the last. They'd rather have their money in 3 TSX's
that would sell in 30 days.........

Thanks Ben! will wait patiently to see the 2003 data.

Duh! I got it! I re-read your initial post and got he 2003 numbers. Thanks.

Back