• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 GPW w/CTSC + NSX-R Conversion: JH4NA21675S000170

07/14/06 - A sales is pending, just awaiting funds...

After much debate in our household, we've decided to put my complete NSX-R project up for sale. After investing a ton of time and about $60k in the conversion on a brand new 2005 GPW, I'm too paranoid to drive or track it. The car's a garage queen, under cover with about 1399.6 miles on it. The only time it saw rain was for a brief duration when it was being driven home from upper NY after the conversion work was done (which also put about 600 of the miles on it).

The list of mods is extensive, but mostly cosmetic. Where applicable, all OEM parts are still in flawless condition (wheels, seats, carpet, mats, hood, spoiler). The car has never been raced, tracked or for that matter, pushed hard. If I feel like driving ridiculously fast at the track, I'd much rather take the Z06, as I can stomach smacking that car up.

Why sell? I'm not the type of person to leave a car sit in the garage - I drive the Z06 daily through all manner of snow, rain and mud. It even sits outside (much to the dismay of two other vette owners in my neighborhood).

My wife would like a "fun" car - she's not comfortable driving the NSX after all the mods (too fast, too much like a race car). We're discussing getting her an SL 55, but only if the NSX sells.

<s>My asking price is just under $100k; </S>
Revised 6/24/06 My asking price is just $86k;(See next post for further details)

to replicate this car (if you could find a new 2005 for even $80k), would cost over $140k. It's flawless and the attention to detail is unmatched (even the lugnuts and brake calipers/pads are the right colors as per the actual NSX-R). Don't bother lowballing me or lecturing me on painting on exotic; you're not the right person for a car like this. It was built with a clear goal and that's refelected in both the volume and quality of the work performed.

A partial list of parts includes:
NSX-R NA2 OEM Wheels
<s>NSX-R OEM Engine Cover</s>
NSX-R OEM F/R "H" Badges
NSX-R Engine Cover Plate
NSX-R Door Emblems
NSX-R Door Sill Inserts
NSX-R Side Marker Lights
NSX-R Shift Boot
NSX-R Titanium Shift Knob
NSX-R Front Chasis Bars
Dali/RB EDP Coated Slotted Rotors
NSX-R Coolant Tank Cover
Project Mu Brake Pads
<s>STATUS Carbon Kevlar Red Interior Seats</s>
<s>NSX-R Power Seat Rails</s>

Procar NSX-R v2.1 Hood
NSX-R OEM Hood Screen
<s>NSX-R OEM Steering Wheel</s>
<s>NSX-R Momo Steering Hub</s>

NSX-R OEM Suspension (USED)
NSX-R Front Anti-Sway Bar
<s>Front Carpet (OEM New Pure Red)</s>
Taitec GT Lightweight Exhaust
NSX-R OEM Rear Diffuser
OEM Black Lugnuts
NSX-R Rear Spoiler (Procar/Replica)
NSX-R Brace Adapter Kit
Comptech Sport Headers (97+)
Odyssey 680 Lightweight Battery
Odyssey Battery Mount Kit (Aluminum)
Comptech 6PSI Supercharger Kit
Competch CAI

A partial list of the work performed while under Joe's care:

Front Bumper
- Replace OEM “Acura” badge with NSX-R Honda “H”

Front Headlights
- Separate plastic lens from housing, refinish silver painted portion in GPW.

Front Fenders
- Remove, bond in new metal to fill USDM side repeater lamps. Extend the wiring to connect to NSX-R repeaters, mounted in the proper location on each side.

Hood
- Refinish top to the “seam” just on the underside in GPW. Leave the underside exposed carbon fiber.
- Install NSX-R OEM vent (black) that was originally attached.

Windshield Pillars
- Remove mouldings as needed, refinish in Berlina Black.

Removable Top
- Remove mouldings as needed, refinish in Berlina Black.

Rear Roof Panel
- Remove mouldings and back glass as needed, refinish in Berlina Black.

Doors
- Replace “NSX” badges (by handle) with supplied “NSX-R” badges.
- Replace GPW side mirror housings with supplied Berlina Black OEM housings (new in boxes).

B Pillars
- Remove and refinish in Berlina Black

Trunk Lid
- Remove OEM spoiler
- Adapt LED light to Procar Specials NSX-R wing.
- Refinish wing in Berlina Black

Rear Quarter Panels
- Bond in new metal to fill red USDM side lamps, refinish as needed.

Rear Bumper
- Attach NSX-R OEM rear diffuser.

NSX-R OEM Wheels
- Strip Championship White paint, refinish in Grand Prix White.
- Replace “H” decals on center caps, use new BBS valve stems and mount with OEM black lug nuts.

NSX-R Suspension
- Install NSX-R front and rear suspension assemblies. Install front anti-sway bar and torque while under load. Align to NSX-R spec (to be provided).

Rear Tail Lamps
- Remove Acura “A” logo and replace with Honda “H” logo.
- Replace with ClearCorners.com LED-converted units.

Financing can probably be arranged through AHFC; my dealer usually helps deal with that end of things when I sell a Honda/Acura. Balance of facory warranty applies - I believe there's another 3.5 years on it.

This car is a very fast, incredibly responsive, purpose-built example of Honda's finest. It's magazine caliber (easily), and would be a great vehicle for someone who's looking for a new NSX-R but came up against the same hurdles we did.

Ryan

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reposting; too much has changed to revive the old thread.

After much debate in our household, we've decided to put my complete NSX-R project up for sale. After investing a ton of time and about $60k in the conversion on a brand new 2005 GPW, I'm too paranoid to drive or track it. The car's a garage queen, under cover but now with about 2400 miles on it. The only time it saw rain was for a brief duration when it was being driven home from upper NY after the conversion work was done (which also put about 600 of the miles on it).

The list of mods is extensive, but mostly cosmetic. Where applicable, all OEM parts are still in flawless condition (wheels, hood, spoiler, mirrors). The car has never been raced, tracked or for that matter, pushed hard. If I feel like driving ridiculously fast at the track, I'd much rather take the Z06, as I can stomach smacking that car up.

My asking price is just $86k; but I'm willing to lower it by doing the following:

Wheels (a set needs to stay on the car):
- Remove NSX-R OEM Wheels (Deduct $2500) or
- Remove NSX OEM Wheels (Deduct $1000)

Suspension:
- Replace OEM NSX-R Suspension w/ OEM NSX-T (Deduct $1250)

Financing can probably be arranged through AHFC; my dealer usually helps deal with that end of things when I sell a Honda/Acura. Balance of facory warranty applies - I believe there's another 3.5 years on it.

This car is a very fast, incredibly responsive, purpose-built example of Honda's finest. It's magazine caliber (easily), and would be a great vehicle for someone who's looking for a new NSX-R but came up against the same hurdles we did. Trying to duplicate it for the price is impossible - some of the parts (NSX-R wheels, anyone?) aren't even available anymore.

You can see some date pics above - with the old STATUS seats and red interior bits. The OEM black seats and carpet are back in the car and the NSX-R engine cover has been sold. Aside from that, it's as pictured above.

The NSX-R steering wheel, NSX-R engine cover, STATUS seats, red carpet and NSX-R rails have been sold or are no longer included. It's been too long so I can't edit the original post.

Ryan

Last edited:
Ryan,

You have email

regards

Senninha

Is it still available?

Skylark

Back