• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2021-22 rumors real?

It it is so funny you say that. I made my 2001 noisy by adding Comptech headers, supercharger, and an exhaust system. I then stiffened the car with sway bars and coil overs. I had a great car but it was somewhat exhausting to drive for an hour or so. I would get out of the car and feel good but not ready to jump back in. The NC1. Is so much faster and capable yet so much more comfortable. Just saying

I agree with you. After driving a car with loud exhaust for more than 30 minutes, you get tired of the sound and wish for some peace and quiet. That's why I think user selectable exhaust systems are the best...give me the option of making it loud or quiet depending on my mood and tolerance levels.

Another Hybrid Sports car

Porsche 911 Hybrid Prototypes Are Already Getting Road-Tested We've been hearing rumors of a hybrid Porsche 911 for years now. While it hasn't been confirmed for production, the company is heavily weighing its options, according to an interview from Auto Express. Porsche has gone as far as to begin testing prototypes of the car on the road. Auto Express spoke with R&D board member Michael Steiner, who revealed just how much effort's been invested into a hybrid 911 so far.

“The platform is hybrid ready, and we have prototypes," Steiner told Auto Express. "I drive it myself; it's fun to drive. One thing that should be decided on is whether it is more performance-oriented hybrid or range-orientated plug-in hybrid. This is one of the main decisions we have to take—deciding which direction such a variant of the 911 should take. ”Don't get too excited, though. Some higher-ups at Porsche still have their reservations.

"[A hybrid is] really difficult to do with the 911 and the way it is packaged," sports car boss Frank-Steffen Walliser told Autocar earlier this week. "We want to keep it as a 2+2, we want to keep decent trunk space and we don’t want to destroy the shape of the 911. "Styling and practicality aren't the only things Walliser is worried about. "Also, I am not ready to put that amount of additional weight into the car," he added. "If you wanted to make such a car, it would be easier to make a completely new car. While a hybrid 911 is likely on the horizon, there's still no telling when Porsche will commit to it, or what form it will take. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
Soul.. Shmole... I’m done with that description. Put a magnificent Formula 1 or Le Mans GT race exhaust sound coming out of the NSX and you have this “Soul” everyone talks about and you would sell a many more.
Just look at the FerrariChat posts on 488’s sucking, no soul all because (root cause) awful exhaust note and turbos.

The NC1 is great and paired with the best exhaust sound of any supercar would have taken it to new level.

there always "whistle tips"...

there always "whistle tips"...

Honestly prefer the OEM NC1 over what’s currently available as aftermarket.... but OEM far off in sound of where it needs to be.

Put the NC1 exhaust sound on the next Lamborghini and see what happens....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Folks have been playing around with the first NSX both 3.0 and 3.2 engine to come up with a Ferrari sounding exhaust. Hate to break it to you but it is not going to happen. If someone could do it they would.

Folks have been playing around with the first NSX both 3.0 and 3.2 engine to come up with a Ferrari sounding exhaust. Hate to break it to you but it is not going to happen. If someone could do it they would.

I’ll even take this Lotus Toyota Camry OEM exhaust sound.... don’t believe it’s impossible for Honda to do this at least...

https://youtu.be/k4c2gsojMOU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol how we drifted from the topic to modified evora.....:eek:

I wish the NC! had some vestigial rear seats:frown:

It it is so funny you say that. I made my 2001 noisy by adding Comptech headers, supercharger, and an exhaust system. I then stiffened the car with sway bars and coil overs. I had a great car but it was somewhat exhausting to drive for an hour or so. I would get out of the car and feel good but not ready to jump back in. The NC1. Is so much faster and capable yet so much more comfortable. Just saying

I agree with you. After driving a car with loud exhaust for more than 30 minutes, you get tired of the sound and wish for some peace and quiet. That's why I think user selectable exhaust systems are the best...give me the option of making it loud or quiet depending on my mood and tolerance levels.
Five hours road time in mine yesterday around DC on the beltway and on 66 out into VA. 66 is a mess with construction and traffic.

So nice to be able to dial it down when dealing with terrible roads and traffic, then up when desired. A constant crazy loud car has no appeal to me.

I think the NSX has it's own unique sound, and I think it's great. The turbo pop between shifts reminds me of the same in the old time Indy Turbo cars..... I also think that the adjustable exhaust baffle plates are a great idea. It's nice to be able not to have the drone of a loud exhaust when you're just out running errands or cruising, but when you want to go full tilt, hit the mode dial and open things up and go.....

For the first time in ages, I did a launch yesterday. I had forgotten how HARD the car launches. I damn near passed out after the 1st shift...... and it sounded crazy good to me......

lol your chief complaint to the er staff.....LAUNCH CONTROL...............:biggrin:

Yes, yes. Another "non-owner" lurking around a NC1 forum concurring that another car has more soul... I’m bored.

It is what it is, regardless I want to buy an NC1 and apparently it's for all of the wrong reasons.

Similarly, if the NSX had a straightforward TT V6 w/o hybrid components to cater to the greenies, it would have been gobbled up like no tomorrow. Oh well....

The CO2 emissions of the NSX surprisingly are 242g/km, which is as high as many V8 cars. A Mercedes E63 AMG sedan has less average CO2 emissions than a NSX.

Back