• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

24th May. UK NSX owners track day.

The UK NSX owners have managed to organise themselves to go on track day at the same time! This is on 24th May at Bedford Autodrome. Bookings are made through the Bedford Autodrome website at Bedford Autodrome. Although this is not an exclusive event for the NSXCB, there are already some 6 NSXs booked. Book soon to avoid disappointment, as we can't guarantee places.

Bedford Autodrome is a specially built facility for track days. We are using the 3.5 mile GT circuit. No armco or tyre walls here to run into, as the track is not used for racing.

Comments and pics will be posted here after the event.

HI All,

This event should be truly excellent,
Bedford has great instructors ( for those that need help like me )
Long Run-offs with no barriers ( should the unthinkable happen )
But more importantly a challanging and exciting circuit of almost 4 miles.

Unlike some other tranks I don't beleive they will run sessions so you can go out for as long or as many sessions as people want.

Just make sure your brakes are up to it as the rest of the car is superb.

I have convinced a few friends to come as well apart from my own NSX we have a second NSX, and 2001 Imported Integra type-R, 4.5L cerbera and possibly a M-coupe so it should be interesting to see how they all compare.

Look forward to seeing everyone on the day, especially our fast friends from europe so lets hope its dry and grippy !

Best Regards

Max
(3.0L, short gears, Headers and 80GB hdd! )

Just a reminder for the event, and to make this post get back up to the top (which is where it should be, but it's not as sticky as I would like!)

Nice one Kev!

I gotta tell you, its touch and go for me on this.
MJ is shipping me a drive shaft mount today from San Diego to Southampton UK - I can't go to the track without it cos mine has snapped and is attached to the block by 2 bolts instead of 3 - the last thing I need its to tear a chunk out of another block!

I'm really hoping that it arrives on Friday or I'm stuffed.

If I can be there I will be, but perhaps someone should be on standby to take my place just in case.

Darren

Video's of the day

Video's of the day
I did some videos at Bedford from my car for our NSX Meet
There is not a lot of NSX in the video but it was a great day.

We had 10 NSX there on the day:)

Justin Wilson was also there with Richard Hammond filming the Jaguar JP1
for Top Gear.
I drove the thing and I felt the Gforce fasted thing I have driven unusual Gear change took a bit of time to get use to it did 5 Laps in it

Enjoy the video's the last one is the NSX in spin mode as I had no pads or tires left by the end of the day it was my last time out

www.monsterevo.co.uk/Trackdays/NSX Palmer Bedford/[email protected]

http://www.monsterevo.co.uk/Trackdays/NSX Palmer Bedford/NSX1pamerNSXday2.wmv

http://www.monsterevo.co.uk/Trackdays/NSX Palmer Bedford/[email protected]

Enjoy the 2 top video's are around 17 meg each

Dale
NSX 1

Hi Dale,

Nice to meet you on Saturday. Nice videos

Same as most of the NSX's I had done the brakes by the end of the day and was a little worried about the trip home.

Luckily Halfords in Bedford had a set of legend pads, (same fitting) and 24.99 and the use of their car park she was up and running again. ( at least enough for the drive home ).
I've ordered some new disks and as I'm working in Dubai for the next week should be here by the time I get back.

However Possibly like you I would prefer a little late braking action and am very interested in the AP kit.

According to Science Of Speed AP do a kit already ( at least for the front ) that should fit behind the 16's and hopefully doesn't require spacers.

I have also seen a new kit from tarox that uses ceramic disks ( steel but with cheese's of ceramic like a trivial pursuits wheel )
You mentioned you were in discussion with AP, please let me know how you get on. I think Andre on this board is a Tarox supplier.

Have Fun

Max G

Hi Max

Glad you enjoyed the day I have just got your private message
I have sent a Email to him sorry I did not realise it was you at first.

The AP kit is not the same in the states I have been told we have done one fitting already and they would not fit my 18-19" wheels.

I am trying to go to the factory this week if not it will be next :)
They are quite keen at AP to do this so they have the 1st option.
Then a few more mods will follow:)

Enjoy Dubai I have heard it is a great place to go to.

Dale
NSX 1

Welsh,
Keep us in Europe informed about your dealings with AP.
The SOS-kit looks like a good kit to me but it might be a better of course to get a kit straight from the UK instead of having to go around the world for one.

Back