• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2nd Austin NSX Meet - 11/22/03 and 11/23/03

My opinion: If it's really raining, I think we should postpone the drive. A light sprinkle or light scattered rain (with reasonably dry roads) should be okay. You're right: Oasis is mostly outdoor, but it does have covered seating. Ski Shores had some covered seating, too (I think).

Maybe we could try to line-up some back-up activities in case it starts to rain... perhaps alternate dining locations, visiting some Austin attractions instead of the drive, etc.. This would just be a back-up plan so those that are making a special trip into Austin would not be let down. Thoughts?

I want to come to see cars and meet NSX folks - I don't mind changing the meeting spot or the eating plans. Even if it ends up being a shorter day, I'd still like to get together with anyone willing to hook up.

Hopefully, this is redundant planning - I plan on whipping off the targa because it is going to be sunshiny!!:cool:

Ojas said:
Sweet!

Yes, yes... come on fellas! Mini-NSteXpo :D

Still trying to get someone to cover for me at work!! I would love to meet up with you guys.

Last edited:
Help out a soon-to-be-NSXer?

Does anyone have an empty passenger seat and would not mind taking a soon-to-be-NSX-owner along for the drive? I would except I've already commited my seat to another passenger. Thanks.

I realize that this is partly off-topic; but, does anyone in the Ft. Worth area know if German Motor Works 1033 N. Henderson St Ft Worth TX stocks the driving shoes they sell? If they do, then you can count me in for both days.

Last edited:
Re: ummm yeah

synergy004 said:
Time/Location/Driving Directions for us out of towners.
Hey Gil. Check out burbel's webpage in the first post of this thread. It contains a complete itinerary and map. The map has routes for Saturday's activities (in blue) and routes to and from I-35 (in green) for out-of-towners.

Burbel/Ojas,
I hope it's ok that me and Paul(91 silver/Fikse wheels) come. Jeremy(GuttieNSX) and Tommy(Stormrider) maybe joining us also, but aren't 100% as of yet. :)
Regards
Z

EDIT: We will only be coming for Saturday thou.

So how many folks are planning to attend Sunday's carting excercise? As for the SO question, last time we didn't have any, not sure about this time. Heck, my parents might be coming along this time. ;)

yee haw ride em NSXERS

This will probably be the first time i have seen more than 2 NSX's together. Also there is a LOtus meet the same day. Bunch of esprit's and all should rolling around the same time we all are.

OJas i got your PM and thanks for the notice and #

gil

NormRD said:
My wife is trying to decide if she wants to come along on Saturday. Any other wives/girlfriends/SO coming?

My girlfriend will be coming along. This will be her very first car event, so I hope it leaves a good, lasting impression!

-Deep

We will only be coming for Saturday thou.

You should also mention that you will only be coming if it is not raining. :p Sorry, that was too good of an opportunity to pass up.

PS - it is "though", not "thou". Seriously, use the correct word. :rolleyes:

My wife is trying to decide if she wants to come along on Saturday. Any other wives/girlfriends/SO coming?

VTEC Inside - if my NSX is in Austin this weekend, there will be two occupants inside.....one of each gender. :)

I'm in too!!! The weather is looking good! Z and I plan to head that way from Houston around 9:00 a.m. That will give us plenty of time to get there by 12:00. We only plan to stay for Saturday THOUGH. Would someone mind looking up the address for the Motorola parking lot so that I can get directions off of MapQuest.

Ojas – Please send me your cell phone number. (I plan to get lost so I am sure I will be calling you Saturday morning.)

Paul
91 Silver/Black

ALMOST...!

Hey guys- I wanted to know IF anyone has an open passenger seat available for Saturday's meet. I just got back to Austin the other nite- and I will take 'delivary' of my NSX Sunday in Dallas (finger's crossed). I would really like to meet-up w/ the TX-area X'ers.

I will arrive to the meeting spot a bit early. Hopefully I will luck out and get a ride w/ someone. Thanks sincerely in advance. :)

Re: ALMOST...!

Osiris_x11 said:
Hey guys- I wanted to know IF anyone has an open passenger seat available for Saturday's meet. I just got back to Austin the other nite- and I will take 'delivary' of my NSX Sunday in Dallas (finger's crossed). I would really like to meet-up w/ the TX-area X'ers.

I will arrive to the meeting spot a bit early. Hopefully I will luck out and get a ride w/ someone. Thanks sincerely in advance. :)

Hey Umar, so does that mean you don't need me to check out the NSX in Houston? Me and Paul had made plans to both take a look for you tomorrow(Friday). Sorry that I couldn't have looked at it sooner.
btw, I may have an open seat.
Regards
Z

Looking for WING-MAN vacancy...

NSX FoYoAss said:
Hey Umar, so does that mean you don't need me to check out the NSX in Houston? Me and Paul had made plans to both take a look for you tomorrow(Friday). Sorry that I couldn't have looked at it sooner.
btw, I may have an open seat.
Regards
Z

Sincere thanx Z' for addressing things for me. I have gone w/ this: a hand-shake agreement for an in-state NSX which I will finalize the deal and take delivery Sunday (I really wanted to be in it by Saturday for the meet- but it just couldn't be worked out). I saw the car, and rode in it; it is precisely what I have been looking for.

Anyways, I really look fwd' to meeting the Texas NSX'rs all rounded up in HillCountry...

AND hell yea' I'll be your wing-man if you got room Z'man!

Till then all. . . :)

Back