• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

30,000 check? $ What's normal price?

terrypancake said:
What should I expect to pay for a 30,000 check?
30,000 check? Do you mean typical prices for the 30,000 mile scheduled maintenance? If so, you'll find the answer in the NSX FAQ (under Maintenance - Costs).

However, if this is for your '95, keep in mind that the timing belt is recommended for replacement at 90,000 miles or 6 years, whichever comes first. If it's never been done, it's four years overdue. Change the water pump at the same time. The timing belt and water pump service usually costs around $1200-1500.

I would also suggest replacing all the cooling system hoses, or at least the major ones. Do this at the same time as the water pump. Another few hundred bucks for this.

If this sounds like a lot of money to spend, it is - but these are things that you only do every 6-10 years, and once they're done, you won't have to do them again for a long time. (Unlike the 30K service, which is actually specified for 30K miles or 2 years, whichever comes first, and includes some critical items that really do need changing every 2 years, such as fluids like brake fluid, etc.)

Contact username Barn Man on this site. He's in the Nashville area and he's the best NSX mechanic within 400 miles of you. He can probably give you a good deal!

Great advice. I am new to the site and I did find the 30,000 inspection items but with my right eye blind and a 20/300 left eye, I missed the obvious cost link. Doh! Thanks for the help. I did PM Barn Man. So I'll wait to hear from him.
Thank you for the help.
Terry

Back