• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

360hp without itb "article from japan"

I brought a japanese mazgine option fans 2 yesterday, there's an article about 360whp without itb, it was NA1 with NA2 3.2 block, 2mm ported throttlebody, toda racing ø93.0×78mm piston kit, toda camshaft "unknown spec", hks F-con.
Now my question is, for people with NA1 what is the easiest way to make our block became 3.2 instead of purchasing one? I know sos offer a 3.3 stroker kit, but I havnt seen any result of it, and I dont think they made 360whp. Any idea?

Last edited:
You don't need a stroker crank to increase displacement from 3.0L to 3.2L, although one would probably need to sleeve the block, since the factory iron sleeves aren't that thick.

I'd be wary about this type of power goal; Japanese tuners occasionally exaggerate NA performance gains, and it's likely the pistons being used result in a significant compression increase. Also, they're probably bumping the engine's redline in combination with the new camshaft profiles to create power which would see limited use in a street car.

Of course, if you want opinions on the article it would help to scan it, and post the scan on this thread.

You don't need a stroker crank to increase displacement from 3.0L to 3.2L, although one would probably need to sleeve the block, since the factory iron sleeves aren't that thick.

I'd be wary about this type of power goal; Japanese tuners occasionally exaggerate NA performance gains, and it's likely the pistons being used result in a significant compression increase. Also, they're probably bumping the engine's redline in combination with the new camshaft profiles to create power which would see limited use in a street car.

Of course, if you want opinions on the article it would help to scan it, and post the scan on this thread.
Yeah i will do so, but it's in japanese, I had my friend to translated for me

Also keep in mind that magazines like Option tend to measure power in PS, not horsepower (although most machine translators equate these two). The difference is small, but worth pointing out.

Hmmm...suspicious power rating. Japanese tuners usually rate in 'PS" or metric horsepower instead of our HP or mechanical horsepower. However, IIRC, ps is 98% of hp so the rwhp may be higher than the quoted.

Even so, there is something to the claims that may be more than differing scales. I remember Revolution claiming 385ps at 8200rpm and then reading that the rwhp equivalent was actually in the high 290s.

Just take the claim and translation w/ a grain of salt. ;)

you get a little bump in compression using the 3.0 heads on the 3.2 short block......not sure about anything else options mag would say..they are kinda like the NY post of jdm car mags:tongue:

I'd be wary about this type of power goal; Japanese tuners occasionally exaggerate NA performance gains...

Occasionally? Any examples?

I've worked w/ a handful of tuners in Japan. From managers, engineers, to techs, who lived and breathed integrity. Hearing statements as above was unheard of. Not saying anyone is perfect and hope you back up your statement.

Last edited:
Claiming any number, with out providing a baseline test is useless. We've seen dynos vary up to 30% from manufacture to manufacture - even from same models, depending how they are setup and calibrated. A dyno is only good as a relative instrument when you measure a baseline before the change and the resulting change.

Back