• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

610hp Acura NSX

Since the Ford GT pumps out 650hp from a similar TT 3.5L v6, I think Honda left quite a bit of HP on the table. Where as the downpipe increases peak HP, a tune moving boost up to say 18lbs will bump up Torque and HP across the board. I think likely we could see combined HP around 650 with tune, and exhaust.

It would be more beneficial in my opinion to hack into the electric motors and tune those. The battery always stays full power in this car. That would be a neat option I think. Overboosting gets hairy.

Since the Ford GT pumps out 650hp from a similar TT 3.5L v6, I think Honda left quite a bit of HP on the table.

Ford is Ford, and Honda is Honda. two entirely different companies and engines, and design philosophies.

i think if Honda had more reliable horsepower inside the NSX, it would have debuted with more. and SOS would have found more. it's obvious it's not that easy to just "turn up the boost" like everyone would hope. and this is a tricky power unit, it has a lot of highly integrated systems, and is complicated beyond any of our comprehension. changing one thing will necessitate changing everything else. it's not going to be as simple as just chucking an exhaust on and bumping boost.

the NSX has been out for well over a year now, that's a lot of R&D time, 1000's of hours worth. if SOS got 40 extra horses, then that is evidently the best they can do for now...

Would not want to own the '17 NSX without a factory warranty......

Doubtful any engine modifications would be supported by Acura.

Back