• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 Keyless Entry or Aftermarket Alarm?

My NSX come with a worn out keyless entry remore and the Keyless Entry system itself only work intermittently.
The Red Security LED Never blinks eventhough I know the alarm is on. (Trigger it on and I found the problem with TSB-93-007).
I think it's time to change..

I know that the 91 Keyless Entry seemed to be discontinued, but could someone point me out if it's still out there? (somewhere?)
also, whether it comes with the Security LED light so I can make it blinks again?

Heard that the project is not that hard..
I don't really want to put aftermarket alarm.. but if I can't find Keyless Entry replacement, I might have to.(then I will ask them to put 2 Blinking LED on both side of the door)

I just need a Keyless Entry feature.. that works(Security LED on, open with ley on right or left door won't trigger alarm, etc)..

Thanks!

i think you can get a module that blinks the headlights once when the alarm activates. sorry but i am not sure where i saw it

Factory keyless almost impossible to find

I put in a factory keyless in my '92 about two months ago. At that time the nationwide parts database showed two (2) units available in the U.S. I got one of them. The other one was at an Acura dealer in Georgia. I got mine from Neillo Acura in Sacramento, CA. They are an NSXCA supporter and they can see if any dealerships have any left. They might even have one. Its worth a shot.

Search is your friend. When I did mine, there were about 35 units left at Gold Coast Acura somewhere in CA. (6 months ago)Too lazy too look up my old post......Also, different dealers will tell you different things. My local said none left, one in WA said 1 left, but a salesman had it blocked off, and lo and behold, Gold Coast had like 40. Call around.....

How much do these things typically run? Are they a simple plug and play unit?

They are running out...maybe gone

About 6 months ago Gold Coast Acura in SoCal had a bunch (I found that out from the search I did on prime). I put one in my '92 about two months ago. I first called Gold Coast - they had none (two months ago). They referred me to Neillo Acura in Sacramento, CA - who had only one. I bought it. Neillo also did a database search and found one other (in GA). I paid $175 at Neillo (+$10 shipping) with NSXCA discount. I'm sure dealers tell you different things, but they are there to make money - and if they have some, they will sell them. The issue is that it seems they can't be located too easily anymore.

Back