• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 NSX, only 53 miles.

wow thats an amazing find

As an investment on behalf of the group of 3 that originally purchased the 91 NSX, $60,000.00 for purchase, and after putting $4,000.00 into getting it back to running order, $16,000.00 profit over 20 years it really wasn't a great investment for them. I wish that I had $80,000.00 and nothing better to do with it:biggrin:

91 Red/Black
99 White VW Jetta TDI

As an investment on behalf of the group of 3 that originally purchased the 91 NSX, $60,000.00 for purchase, and after putting $4,000.00 into getting it back to running order, $16,000.00 profit over 20 years it really wasn't a great investment for them. I wish that I had $80,000.00 and nothing better to do with it:biggrin:

91 Red/Black
99 White VW Jetta TDI

The car sticker price was $61K, Tax will be another $5K, fees, insurance, storage, maintaince costs, loss of income earned from original $70K for 20 years, I am not sure if they would end up making a profit of $16K. I would say taking all factors in, I don't think they made any money and I would even tempt to say they likely lost money.

With that said, I would LOVE to have it for my collection. The difficult part is determining how much this beauty is really worth... and the ranges of estimates here on Prime has been from $30K to $200K. Regardless, I hope it will sell well for them. That car has been well loved the past 20 years in that storage warehouse...

Just my thoughts...

"snap ring range?" Yea, I know, who cares. At 80K it's a deal but there are some super nice alternatives out there these days that weren't there when this was new.

Cars are always a losing investment financially. Invest in stocks, bonds and mutual funds, buy cars to drive (or look at in the garage)...

And pray the corrupt hedge fund managers and their political cronies dont rape another $1T+ out of the system before you get a chance to realize some level of return ;)

(Year over year losses to the tune of 20% for 3 years+ from every major fund I hold (all AAA) while Wall St pays record bonuses... Im just now returning to roughly 2007 valuations, so yeah, Im pretty much over these scumbags)

Last edited:
Ah, it's not our fault you just bought some mutual funds and berried your head in the sand. You didn't see the real estate/market collapse coming? Take it upon yourself to either work a few hours a month on your portfolio or paying a local trusted professional to do it for you. And for heaven's sake, stop whining!

;)

And pray the corrupt hedge fund managers and their political cronies dont rape another $1T+ out of the system before you get a chance to realize some level of return ;)

(Year over year losses to the tune of 20% for 3 years+ from every major fund I hold (all AAA) while Wall St pays record bonuses... Im just now returning to roughly 2007 valuations, so yeah, Im pretty much over these scumbags)

I've never bought any car as an investment. As a true enthusiast, I buy it simply because I have to have it.:wink:

may i ask than... i have a 1992 orginial but for tires. she has 38000 on her and is #40 according to the vin plate on the door , would anyone know what her value would be ?

P.S., I want the car, but only so I could put it up on blocks in my living room.

P.S., I want the car, but only so I could put it up on blocks in my living room.

That is actually a very nice idea! I was dreaming about owning this car the other day when I saw the thread but could in no way justify buying it, then driving it around town. A specimen like this needs to be PRESERVED in somebody's living room.

Does anyone know any car that runs well after sitting around for 20 years? Get all you want fixed to be fixed. I wonder if piston rings have taken a set, cylinder walls may have a permanent impression, if the valve springs have taken a set, any moving parts that haven't moved for that long may not work all that well. Is there corrosion on the engine and transmission internals for letting metal sit so long without and a occassional splash of oil.

Been there done that, machines are meant to be run, not sit around. Sell this to car to a museum. That's where it belongs.

Does anyone know any car that runs well after sitting around for 20 years? QUOTE]

The owner/seller of the car noted it was started and ran from time to time to keep all the parts happy, something along those lines...
A detailed mechanical PPI is the path to the truth.
They threw $4K at it, and that detailed work order will reflect the services performed and parts replaced.
Honestly though, who cares if it drives, its a 91 with 53 miles that belongs on display as you and others have stated.

may i ask than... i have a 1992 orginial but for tires. she has 38000 on her and is #40 according to the vin plate on the door , would anyone know what her value would be ?

I have a 91 Berlina Black all original with only a comptech supercharger added and 41k miles that I wouldn't sell for under $37k.

Back