• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

95 Refresh ....inside and out

This past winter I was busy doing a major mechanical refresh including:
Timing belt /water pump/gasket set
Brake master and clutch master/slave and hoses
Aluminum rad and all coolant hoses
All fluids
13" brake upgrade
Interior/audio upgrade including my 2din console with cup holder
Strip and repaint all switch surrounds/door pulls
Perforated door inserts
Speaker grills
Tweeters in A pillars
Armrest cover
Tire pressure monitor system
New(to me) wheels
2nd gen of my own design skirts

I'm sure I'm leaving out some stuff .... here are pics of a few of the upgrades. ...more to follow.

Attachments

• IMGP3159.jpg
    IMGP3159.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 641
  • IMGP3160.jpg
    IMGP3160.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 639
  • IMGP3163.jpg
    IMGP3163.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 631
  • IMGP3164.jpg
    IMGP3164.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,026
  • IMGP3166.jpg
    IMGP3166.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,935
Last edited:
wow I have a 96 and my seats are sadly more used looking than yours.........congrats on keeping them supple :redface:

amazing !

exterior pictures coming? i have a feeling that this is just the beginning for this project !

attachment.php

just curious...have you tested putting a drink in the cup holder and drive at the same time?

For some reason, I think the drink is going to interfere during shifting.

Been using it for a year now and quite happy. Your not going to get it to work with a Big Gulp, but for an average size coffee cup..... works just fine.

just curious...have you tested putting a drink in the cup holder and drive at the same time?

For some reason, I think the drink is going to interfere during shifting.

Nicely done. What tpms system is that and how do you like it?

Its "Orange" brand ...Only complaint is the display is green so it doesn't really match the rest of the interior lights but it looks fine. If there is a warning then that tire display turns red.
The warning tone is quite loud so I think overall I'm happy with it.

Last edited:
If you did motor work, perhaps it is time to do the spool valves. Quite an easy job, perhaps 60-90 minutes if you take your time.

Few exterior shots

Refurbished wheels picked up of another prime member.
They were in really rough shape... bent, scuffed and fake bolts pealing.
Spent several days straightening with jig made up from a spare wheel hub and a dial guage.
Sanded off curb rash and all the old clear coat and polished the lips, removed the bolts, sanded and prepped the centers before spraying with Duplicolour high performance wheel paint.
Really great stuff, goes on smooth and builds up nicely to cover minor imperfections, seems to stand up really well.
One note, clear tends to yellow which in my case gave the wheels an almost bronze look....turned out to be a bonus but if you like a pure silver look, go easy on the clear.
Replaces bolts with nylon allen head bolts that I dyed black.
More work than I expected but I really wanted this look, so I'm happy:smile:

Also 2nd gen of my sideskirt design.

My budget 13 brake upgrade with machined aluminum adapters and mustang rotors..whole thing cost me under $600 plus my time

Attachments

• IMGP3207.jpg
    IMGP3207.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 508
  • IMGP3212.jpg
    IMGP3212.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 423
  • IMGP3211.jpg
    IMGP3211.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 424
  • IMGP3213.jpg
    IMGP3213.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
nice I love the tire pressure monitor did you take more pics of how you did that? thats not a bad spot for it either I you got me thinking damn it. LOL

nice I love the tire pressure monitor did you take more pics of how you did that? thats not a bad spot for it either I you got me thinking damn it. LOL

Sorry Shawn, no other pics.Stripped the old vinyl off, cut a rectangular hole to recess the unit and used epoxy and fiberglass cloth to create the pocket.
Then covered the bolster with a new layer of padding and leather. The unit is friction fitted in the pocket with a hole to run the power supply.
Pretty simple but the leather was a bit of work to get smooth.

By the way...still working on my custom steering wheel with the wheel I picked up from you....thanks again for the deal.

Last edited:
Few exterior shots

Refurbished wheels picked up of another prime member.
They were in really rough shape... bent, scuffed and fake bolts pealing.
Spent several days straightening with jig made up from a spare wheel hub and a dial guage.
Sanded off curb rash and all the old clear coat and polished the lips, removed the bolts, sanded and prepped the centers before spraying with Duplicolour high performance wheel paint.
Really great stuff, goes on smooth and builds up nicely to cover minor imperfections, seems to stand up really well.
One note, clear tends to yellow which in my case gave the wheels an almost bronze look....turned out to be a bonus but if you like a pure silver look, go easy on the clear.
Replaces bolts with nylon allen head bolts that I dyed black.
More work than I expected but I really wanted this look, so I'm happy:smile:

Also 2nd gen of my sideskirt design.

My budget 13 brake upgrade with machined aluminum adapters and mustang rotors..whole thing cost me under $600 plus my time

Wheels look great as well as the lights in front bumber. I hadn't seen that before.

How'd you get a cupholder there? Did you custom fab that or did a shop do that? I'd be interested in getting that done too, if the price is right.

Very nice nsx and great looking mods. What hood is that?

Back