• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.
Howdy,
This is going to be an age old question.. But those who have gone through the wheel challenges... Please can you let me know if this size option works.. Im finding the whole thing a little confusing tbh:

Wheel centre bore 72mm / 73mm (can use Spigots to size)
FRONT 9.5 X 17 ET35
REAR 9.5 X 18 ET43
PCD : 114.3 X 5

1992 NA1 Currently sat totally standard on 15s front / 16s rear... Im not planning on making suspension changes at the moment - just the wheel / tyre combo

I want to keep the over ride as it was meant to be - but just need to fill those arches a little - and get some proper quality rubber on the tarmac.

Any help will be loved
Thank you :)

I can't speak to the wheel and tire size but I decided to take up that wheel gap with a set of springs and Koni shocks. On 25% stiffness setting it really felt no different to the OEM suspension, just a little tighter, but that likely also had to do with the old suspension that was on it.

The benefit of this was to keep the OEM 15/16 wheels, which from other threads I've read help to keep the light responsive feeling of the front end of the car. With some sticky tires on those wheels I never felt like I was lacking for grip while on the street even while pushing. Moving to a 17x18 imo will change the ride of the car over the OEM feeling and the front end will feel a bit slower to respond, but with increased grip. There are trade offs for every modification.

1700141204750.jpeg

Rear should fit no problem but the front will look ridiculous without wider fenders and suspension work. Most people that run the 17/18 stagger will run anything between a 17x7.5 to 8.5 typically with a 40s offset. I would recommend looking through the Tires & Wheels section for the First Generation to see what others are running.

This should be moved to NA1 Tires @ Wheels for more visibility.

Howdy,
This is going to be an age old question.. But those who have gone through the wheel challenges... Please can you let me know if this size option works.. Im finding the whole thing a little confusing tbh:

Wheel centre bore 72mm / 73mm (can use Spigots to size)
FRONT 9.5 X 17 ET35
REAR 9.5 X 18 ET43
PCD : 114.3 X 5

1992 NA1 Currently sat totally standard on 15s front / 16s rear... Im not planning on making suspension changes at the moment - just the wheel / tyre combo

I want to keep the over ride as it was meant to be - but just need to fill those arches a little - and get some proper quality rubber on the tarmac.

Any help will be loved
Thank you :)
9.5 up front seems really wide if you are running stock fenders. My guess is you're going to have some rub. Most people run 17x8 up front with 215 tires, then double stagger with something like 18x9 or 18x10 in the rear. As suggested, scroll thru the NA1 Tires and Wheels forum to get some ideas.

I can't speak to the wheel and tire size but I decided to take up that wheel gap with a set of springs and Koni shocks. On 25% stiffness setting it really felt no different to the OEM suspension, just a little tighter, but that likely also had to do with the old suspension that was on it.

The benefit of this was to keep the OEM 15/16 wheels, which from other threads I've read help to keep the light responsive feeling of the front end of the car. With some sticky tires on those wheels I never felt like I was lacking for grip while on the street even while pushing. Moving to a 17x18 imo will change the ride of the car over the OEM feeling and the front end will feel a bit slower to respond, but with increased grip. There are trade offs for every modification.

View attachment 185767
Thank you - I think i need to give good thought to what to do - your is identical to mine - but certainly sits much nicer than mine does

Rear should fit no problem but the front will look ridiculous without wider fenders and suspension work. Most people that run the 17/18 stagger will run anything between a 17x7.5 to 8.5 typically with a 40s offset. I would recommend looking through the Tires & Wheels section for the First Generation to see what others are running.
thank you

thanks - much appreciated

The Science of Speed wheels really look nice on the cars, that would be a good guide for widths and offsets. I put a set on my 2001.
F 17x7.5 ET 45
R 18x9 ET 36

Back