• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brakes ***SOLD*** ABS Modulator 00+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up for sale is a used but normal working condition ABS modulator removed from a 2002 NSX. The harness and all of the other components for a complete conversion kit are readily available.

$1450 shipped CON US

PM here or e-mail me at Robertna2 at yahoo dot com

Attachments

• IMG_5146.jpeg
    IMG_5146.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5147.jpeg
    IMG_5147.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5145.jpeg
    IMG_5145.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 46
@Miner
How does it install in place of a 92’s first generation system?

Like this:

How does it compare to a MITA or S2000 upgrade?
MITA sells the OEM modulator in their upgrade kit. This is an OEM modulator. The s2000 upgrade I have zero first hand experience, sorry.

How does it install in place of a 92’s first generation system?
How does it compare to a MITA or S2000 upgrade?

The S2000 kit uses the S2K AP1 modulator, and you will lose the NSX TCS. While all feedback has been positive that kit works well, it's still an ABS modulator and system that was designed for a different car. The total cost of all components for the S2k conversion is under $1000 (depends on how much you pay to get the S2k modulator, usually about $60).

With this NSX 2000+ modulator (which is the same as included in the Mita kit), you maintain TCS, and are using an ABS kit that was specifically designed for the NSX. But the total cost including all new piping and the conversion harness is double (or more) the price of the S2K kit. For reference, Mita's full kit when it was available was $1900, and SOS is selling their last two full kits for $5600.

Last edited:
The S2000 kit uses the S2K AP1 modulator, and you will lose the NSX TCS. While all feedback has been positive that kit works well, it's still an ABS modulator and system that was not designed for a different car. The total cost of all components for the S2k conversion is under $1000 (depends on how much you pay to get the S2k modulator, usually about $60).

With this NSX 2000+ modulator (which is the same as included in the Mita kit), you maintain TCS, and are using an ABS kit that was specifically designed for the NSX. But the total cost including all new piping and the conversion harness is double (or more) the price of the S2K kit. For reference, Mita's full kit when it was available was $1900, and SOS is selling their last two full kits for $5600.
Thanks Edgar!

The S2000 kit uses the S2K AP1 modulator, and you will lose the NSX TCS. While all feedback has been positive that kit works well, it's still an ABS modulator and system that was not designed for a different car. The total cost of all components for the S2k conversion is under $1000 (depends on how much you pay to get the S2k modulator, usually about $60).

Thanks. I need to really assess the condition of the existing system. The last few times I have cycled it, one or more wheel locks up, but I’m not getting errors. That leads me to think the issue is with the solenoids. My 89 Legend had the same issue, I just lived with it.

Thanks. I need to really assess the condition of the existing system. The last few times I have cycled it, one or more wheel locks up, but I’m not getting errors. That leads me to think the issue is with the solenoids. My 89 Legend had the same issue, I just lived with it.

You can get the harness to exercise the solenoids, which I was told you should do at least once a year to keep them in shape. I just sold my harness to someone (wonder who?) since I am converting to the 2000+ system and no longer need it but Joe Scavone might still be building them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back