• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

advan wheels

Speeddemon and NSEX or anyone else that has Advan wheels - What offsets did you guys get?

I am going to get the model 7 wheels in 17x8 and 18x10. I think they only come in a 45 offset on the 18x10. However, on the 17x8 it looks like you can either go 45, 40, or 30 offset.

general question for anyone regarding above. If I went larger offset, wouldn't that increase room for larger caliper?

thanks

------------------
Justin
'98 NSX-T Blk/Blk
· Comptech headers / exhaust / airbox
· Dali Racing / Brembo big brake kit
· Koni adjustable suspension w/Comptech springs and sway bars
· Volk TE-37 17/18” wheels
· Wings West side skirts and rear spats

If I went larger offset, wouldn't that increase room for larger caliper?

Unlikely. Offset has to do with how far out the wheels stick. It can cause the wheels to rub on hardware that they would normally stick further away from. But the caliper fits on the INSIDE of the wheel (inside the cylinder of its inner surface) so it doesn't matter if the wheel sticks out a little further or not as far.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
If I went larger offset, wouldn't that increase room for larger caliper?

Unlikely. Offset has to do with how far out the wheels stick. It can cause the wheels to rub on hardware that they would normally stick further away from.

sounds like you know what your talking about there!!!! had a recent experience on this type of thing??
tongue.gif

Steve

PS, GREAT time at Gingerman Sat!!!!!

Justin, the front 17x8 with ET 40 or 45 should be the choice. The ET 30 will make the wheels sticks outside the fender. The design of the wheel itself allows it to clear most big brakes. I don't think u will have a problem clearing your brakes if u go either one.

ET 45 should be better IMO for looks. the 8" width wheels sticks out a bit, with ET40.

Originally posted by justin hall:
Speeddemon and NSEX or anyone else that has Advan wheels - What offsets did you guys get?

I am going to get the model 7 wheels in 17x8 and 18x10. I think they only come in a 45 offset on the 18x10. However, on the 17x8 it looks like you can either go 45, 40, or 30 offset.

Justin,

45 offset for both front and rear works perfect. I have that exact combo on my car (17x8, 18x10, 45mm offset f&r). You can probably see how that looks in pics in the Picture Gallery.

Good luck,
Marc

Originally posted by jsottile:
Good luck getting Advan wheels, won't happen. I have been waiting since Dec. and none will be in the states for another 12 weeks.

uhhh, well we will have to see if your "won't happen" comment is correct. I have a "connection" that has a "connection" that is shipping them over from Japan. If anyone else is interested I can get you in touch with my "connection".

Originally posted by jsottile:
Good luck getting Advan wheels, won't happen. I have been waiting since Dec. and none will be in the states for another 12 weeks.

Don't forget Jeff, you ordered them in an 18/19 combo. I ordered 17/18's (like Justin will be) at the same time as you and got them within a couple weeks.

Marc

Wow..18/19 AVS 7 will look awesome. Many people thought my wheels are 18/19 although they're 17/18, the AVS 7 actually give the impression that they're bigger than they actually are. Can't wait to see the 18/19 combo!
smile.gif

Back