• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alignment questions.

Hi,

Sorting out details of the nc1 before making a purchase.

I see that camber is adjustable with shims. They appear to be sold individually in for $30+- in varrying thicknesses and 8 needed for an entire vehicle.

Is there any guide of how much camber change is provided by the different thickness shims?

Shims are traditional aligment item. Is there any reason why someone couldnt use regular old alignment shims rather than the fancy horseshoes?

Not against buying the oem shims, primarily just not looking to buy a bunch of useless ones.

Target offhand would be -3 or so degrees front and -2 or so rear, maybe more pending what makes the car happy, likely a little front toe out, rear 0 or slightly in. Car would see reasonably regular old airfield pavement autocross and some pleasure street driving. No commuting/dd use.

Car will likely be kept in scca solo ss class maybe an occasional tnia, scca xs class also is tempting but likely wouldn't make sense.

Thanks.

No reason why other than the oem shims are in mm and the shims we can buy local here in the states is in inches fraction. Infact one corner of my car came with the fraction shim.

No reason why other than the oem shims are in mm and the shims we can buy local here in the states is in inches fraction. Infact one corner of my car came with the fraction shim.
Yeah, i ended up finding degree change - mm relationship, doing the math and using body shims. Track day, 20 something drag passes and over a couple hundred autocross runs, no issues.

Back