• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AMP karting

When I come down for Petite Le Mans this year a few friends want to go to Atlanta Motorsport Park and try their karting out. To those that have done it there before, is it worth the price? How fast do the karts get up to? I hear they have multiple track configurations with elevation changes.

Even though I will have the NSX down there(more than likely) I won't take it on the road course, but I do plan on driving it down again this year if there is a meet or anything like that.

They are always over priced but at least with these they are fun and made for adults. Long sleeves, helmet and closed toe shoes are required and are available to borrow for free if you don't have your own. karts run 40-50 mph of coarse very dependent on weight. They do have three coarse configurations but only one sorta kidney shape with lots of elevation change and a wicked downhill left turn is available for the first time renter. The others are for members and special track days in the 100cc and 125cc 2 stroke TaG karts. The one you'll drive is a 9hp Honda 4 stroke. I joined a public racing series adult heavy class and I am having a blast.

Let me know the day you are planning on going Karting and a a few of us fellow NSX'rs may join you.

-Tim
770-833-8494

Headed there now... Just in case any of you slow pokes want to go home! :eek:

You're welcome for the warning :biggrin:

Will Do SUNEDAZ

Back