• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another Tampa area meet/brunch/cruise?

At this point the 26th will simply afford us more time to plan correctly. If you can make it, I would ask you to please come. It should be a great day.

Thanks
RoB

Guys I dont know if you knew this, but the Festival of speed is the weekend of the 24, 25,26th in St. Pete at the Vinoy Hotel/ Pier area. Looks like it will be a big event to go to. www.festivalsofspeed.com

Oster

I'll be in Vegas on the 26th. It may not matter either way as I grenaded "think BOOM" my ring and pinion this past Friday and my tranny may not be back together by then. It will be up to Nabil and Oster to work some gear magic!

.::CHANGING THE DATE TO MARCH 4TH::..

Sorry for the scheduling conflicts and I hope this eases it a bit for those not able to attend the previous date. This is a saturday event now so if we decide to loosen up afterward and enjoy an evening out too, we can sleep in on Sunday.

Please Re-RSVP under this post so I know you are still in

Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience.
RoB

That date is fine with me, the big race in Sebring is the 17-19... that's were I'll be.:wink:
turn 13 spots 33 thru 37 :biggrin:

I cant make the 4th Saturday, but I can make the 5th Sunday. But do whats best for the most people to make it :wink:
I see we are going to have to get on the ball over here in Orlando. You Tampa area guys are starting to show us up asa far as meets. :eek:

Oster

Lol, I just re read my post I meant I can make it March 5. Not the 5th Sunday.

Oster

I'm going to try and make it too. This will be my first outing with the NSX.
It's a cruise but I want to get out and meet some other NSXers!

yellowboy (Fernando)
Ft. Lauderdale Beach
both

This will be my first visit with all you guys as well. I can do the March dates, but not the 26th, as Ann and Mike are having an NSX BBQ on the 26th on the East Coast that you guys should be coming to!

Blavenia (BRIAN) + 1
Both
Kissimmee

S2K welcome with me, the more the merrier.

Oster, Let me know what we can do to help get something going in Orlando!

Roll Call so far:

* Tentative or has not RSVP'ed since the date change

2NRWERKS+1
PrimoGen +1
*superfish+1
*Feetfxr +1
heretic
*Joe Gliksman +1 (+1 S2000+1) = showoff :) JK
*NSXROX +1
*VictorH
YellowBoy
Blavenia+1
Bodypainter+1
*Distance Runner

Oh and about 22 S2000's....so far

Last edited:
Hope that you friends do not mind the intrusion but, I just wanted to make this statement; You are gonna' love the group drive that we have mapped out for this event. PrimoGen & I drove it Sunday and it is killer. Count on 2.5-3 hours with two stops before we get to the restaurant (Food - this decision should be finalized by the next weekend).

If you are not familiar with the roads of Dade City, Trilby, San Antonio, St. Leo and eastern Polk County, you are in for a treat. There are many banked turns, plenty of twisties, more than enough wide open staight-aways. This is as close to a North Carolina drive as the Florida has to offer. You will not be disappointed!

As for myself and a bunch of the S2K community, this is why we bought these cars.....To Drive. The NSX's are built for this activity and once you travel the course that is routed, you will be bitten. So, if you are on the fence about coming and supporting this event, pull the trigger and make any necessary adjustments to be there and get on the roster.

Zacksdad2

Sounds great!

VictorH still in for both for March.

I may be driving the S2k instead. I may not get my NSX back together in time.

.::UPDATE::.

We (Scott and his family , Ben and I) rant he course today with our new roads and slight modifications and it was top notch. 118 miles of fun. With a start time of 10am (and with stops etc etc) it will put us at our final location around 1-1:30-ish pm

We finalized the resturaunt as well. It's called "The Pub" and it is very good. Traditional Irish, Scottish, and English dishes and a wide assortment of brews for every palette. No website yet for them but rest assured it will fit the bill. Plenty of seating and parking and the owner was very receptive and glad we chose his location

Address is 43392 US Hwy 27, in Davenport, FL 33837

here is a link that google gave me when I searched the address
http://orlando.citysearch.com/profile/41815483

Itenerary & More to come

Well, after some consideration & input from folks in the field, the plan is to hand out the step-by-step route at the event. It is finalized and printed on thick 2 sided, 1 page 8X11 stock. The front page takes us from the Pasco-Hernando Community College parking lot to our first group rest stop at a brand new Citgo station with clean his & hers restrooms. This leg should take 60 minutes with some traffic to consider.

Turning over to the backside takes us from the Citgo to The Pub Irish Restaurant. There is another place to stop about 2/3 of the way through this leg that each group may elect to stop at. From this auxiliary location, it is only 25 minutes to the restaurant.

* Try to have your tanks full upon the arrival to the parking lot at the college. This will help to keep our stops at the two points mapped for rest & stretching somewhat brief to accommodate the next group. I have run this course twice now and burned 1/2 tank each time from parking lot to The Pub. There are plenty of places at the intersection of Hwy 27 and I-4 to fuel up for the ride home.

** This arrangement appears to be an indicator that we should all try to be at the College parking lot by 9:00 AM, leaving promptly by 10:00 AM. This way the cars can be drooled over, questions answered, and allows time to go over the route with Point personnel and select teams to follow. I know that all of this is starting to sound a tad formal but with 30+ cars signing up for this event and the distances that people are coming, it is the necessary evil called protocol. Make no mistake though, it will all be worth it !!

The address for the 9:00 meeting place is:

36727 Blanton Road
Dade City, FL 33523-7599

mapsite to google from:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=36727+Blanton+Road,+Dade+City,+FL&spn=0.030058,0.046233&hl=en

*****Also.....here is the website for the The Pub retsaurant that we are going to:

http://www.thepubb.net/

A Huge Thanx in advance for all of your cooperation and support !! This is gonna' be a blast....................Scott.

Zacksdad2

Last edited:
Back