• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any fans of Lee Child's Jack Reacher series on Prime?

The Jack Reacher movie is coming out next week and I'm curious to know if any Reacher fans have an interest in seeing him played by Tom Cruise.

I realize the Reacher series isn't the Lord of the Rings; but I think it would take Peter Jackson and all his CGI magic to make Tom Cruise into Jack Reacher.

For those of you not familiar with this series; the Reacher character is 6'5" and couldn't be shoehorned into an NSX.

How is Tom going to play a 6'5" 250 pound man? I love the Reacher books. I will see the movie, of course, but am concerned that they cast Cruise in that spot at 1 foot shorter than needed.

How is Tom going to play a 6'5" 250 pound man? I love the Reacher books. I will see the movie, of course, but am concerned that they cast Cruise in that spot at 1 foot shorter than needed.

It's outrageous. I'll never read a Lee Child book again. What a complete sellout. I'm not knocking Cruise as an actor. I just, in my wildest nightmares could not have imagined him playing such an obviously defined character. I also didn't want to see such a fun series of books absorbed by yet another bubble-gum franchise.

Cheers.

Maybe. Liam Neeson is 6'4". Another possibility is Tim Robbins, at 6'5".

At 6'3", Chris Hemsworth might be a better pick to play the young Reacher in the early books, rather than the middle-aged Reacher in the most recent books.

Ugh - stupid. The books are excellent but a tiny actor to play a big, physical man? Not good! You need someone that's just a big person, not necessarily all built and ripped. Honestly, an ex-football player that hasn't played in three years is probably the type of build you're talking about - big and heavy but lacking a lot of his former definition. Chris Hemsworth is that type of guy - he can be built but he's mostly just really big.

Read 'em all, just about puked when I saw that a midget was going to play Reacher. Chris Hemsworth or Jeremy Renner would have been a much better choice although I imagine Mr. Mapother bought the rights.

Saw the movie yesterday. Totally blew me away. As someone not previously familar with the series, I was thoroughly impressed with the story, plot, action, and **horror** even Tom Cruise as the lead actor.

Great movie. Reminded me of a bit of "Shooter, General's Daughter," and the Bourne series.

My wife couldn't stop laughing at how apopleptic I was upon hearing Cruise cast as JR. Lee Child probably was looking at an offer he couldn't say no to.Will he ever admit to having another choice in mind? Who knows. But if I wrote all the books Child did, and Cruise and his production came along looking for a franchise to ride on, I'd probably say yes. It almost guarantees box office success and big up front money...stuff that small time writer producers can't come by easily....
Reacherites will note he his not a great driver;good not great, but this movie has the obligatory chase.

I would've hoped for a Jason Statham with hair or a blonde Liam Neeson who did box in his youth...anything but a high profile TC.Reacher is all about being on the down low, no radar sig. etc. Maybe we can get someone much more appropriate in the next Reacher movie....:confused:

Back