• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any NSX group in Manila?

Am planning to ship my NSX to Manila. From what i've heard there must be at least 5 out there. PM me if you are one of them.

I talked to a fellow NSX owner while in SF and he said there are less than that in the PI. Good luck driving the car in Manila, it's crazy. I know for sure one of them came from the dealership here.

btw, are you moving there or something?

I saw a silver one there. I wouldn't drive it there though...the road condition is horrible.

ak said:
I saw a silver one there. I wouldn't drive it there though...the road condition is horrible.

Road condition + traffic = scarey for the NSX

Wow! Does Acura sell the NSX in the Philippines? I am actually visiting the provinces as well as Manilla in a couple of months. I hope to see an NSX around.

I am curious too. Are there any NSX owners from the Philippines who are here on Prime?

kilika89 said:
Wow! Does Acura sell the NSX in the Philippines? I am actually visiting the provinces as well as Manilla in a couple of months. I hope to see an NSX around.

I am curious too. Are there any NSX owners from the Philippines who are here on Prime?

Born in Manila :biggrin:

i assume you'll get shot and robbed for your NSX in P.I. I wouldn't do it, unless i have a 7 man security detail. :wink: born in Quezon right here :biggrin:

From What I've Heard There's At Least Four Of Them. Jackie Enrile The Son Has One Black One. I've Seen A Silver One In The Showroom Near Podium In Ortigas. You Really Don't Need A Body Guard To Drive One. This Is Not A Civic Or A Corolla Wherein They Can Sell It For Parts. Since I Open Up This Site, How Many Filipinos Drive An Nsx Other Than Me? I Know A Couple From Socal.

The only car i've seen on the roads there in the PI's that was out of the ordinary (ie not a super jeep or minivan), was a PY Civic Type-R (EK) and a couple Evo V's; I was in shock. I also saw a lonely 318i bimmer in the showroom at the dealership. That CTR over there is baller status enough, since everything imported into the PI usually keep about the same if not more retail price as it was from the origin (Air Jordans cost more than 5000 pesos which is equal to about $100 american).

i stay in rockwell makati everytime i'm there and in the garage i see lots of porsche, bmw and of course mercedes benz. a year ago i went to tagaytay and had lunch in one of the restaurants and saw 5 porsche turbos,. and of course 5 black expeditions. i'm assuming they are the body guards trucks :wink:

My family lives in Pampanga so yeah, civics, or any other modern car there is like lambos here, not very many of em. :smile:

Born and raised in Sampaloc, Manila. Went home in 2005 and stayed at Discovery Suites right in front of the Podium. Saw one Porsche Cayenne, a few BMW 740's, and the usual MB's. You've got to have nerves of steel to drive in the Philippines, especially in Manila. Wishing you the best.

Wil

"Any NSX group in Manila?"

Saw a red 360 Modena the other day in front of the Hyatt on Pedro Gil, off Roxas, and wondered the same thing. I also joked about importing my NSX if I ever purchased property out here, thereby completing the vacation home experience. (^_^)

Last edited:
I have been working in Manilla and also visited many times on my way to other parts of the PI for dive trips (Amazing place), I cannot imagine having an NSX in Manilla without some kind of star trek shields !! with the normal space between driving cars measured in nano's it would be too stressful to drive!!

Having said that I did I see an NSX driving through Bangkok a few years ago, it certainly stood out amongst the tuk tuk's !

You know the guys that make the jeepneys ?? I bet if you gave them some pictures and dimensions they could tap you out an NSX lookalike quite easy !!

You know the guys that make the jeepneys ?? I bet if you gave them some pictures and dimensions they could tap you out an NSX lookalike quite easy !!

except it would have seating for a dozen and a few train horns sticking out the side :tongue:

I used to own one when I was in Philippines way back in 2002 it was a red one with a Mines body kit , ecu and other stuff, sold it to a friend in Cebu, actually sold a lot of cars from my partners shop to him , our Evo 4 (fastest in drag racing there) sold him the 1 and only Evo 6 Tommi Makinen Edition, and other cars too, the Silver NSX you guys mentioned used to be from Auto Trend owner Nilo Pascugin sold that , dont know who owns it now, we used to have a shop in araneta ave called Red Line Racing,we had a lot of Evo's from 4,5 ,6 and also had an Pajero Evolution in silver. I came back to los angeles for good last 2003 after my work there in P.I. just bought this 91 NSX last Dec been looking for one but could not find the right price that I want, just got lucky with this one, got it with a lot of RM racing stuff, even has a Type R tranny, with the ring and pinion set, I still do a lot of car stuff here you can check out my web site at www.teamtnt.us we do a lot of AE86, EVo's and yup now NSX too. and yes I AM PINOY. so I hope we cam all get together sometime, pinoy's with NSX that would be cool

I have been working in Manilla and also visited many times on my way to other parts of the PI for dive trips (Amazing place), I cannot imagine having an NSX in Manilla without some kind of star trek shields !! with the normal space between driving cars measured in nano's it would be too stressful to drive!!

Having said that I did I see an NSX driving through Bangkok a few years ago, it certainly stood out amongst the tuk tuk's !

i've seen a look alike hummer. can't tell the difference except the spelling is hammer.

MABUHAY from imus, cavite my friends...lived in las vegas now in Castaic, CA...i'll be in Manila this weekend for a short trip..i'll try to look for some NSx...and hopefully find one for pics...

I used to own one when I was in Philippines way back in 2002 it was a red one with a Mines body kit , ecu and other stuff, sold it to a friend in Cebu, actually sold a lot of cars from my partners shop to him
just out of curiosity what year and how much did you sell it for? is it easy to sell?

I used to own one when I was in Philippines way back in 2002 it was a red one with a Mines body kit , ecu and other stuff, sold it to a friend in Cebu,

out of curiosity what year and how much did you sell it for? do you have to pay a lot of tax to ship it to manila?

Back