• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone Else Watch the Barrett Jackson Auctions?

F1 Car went for near 2 mil. That would've sat nicely in my living room.

Maybe you could use it as the video game driving chair and hook the wheel and pedals up to your Xbox / PS4 :biggrin:

Looked great in person too...

IMG_20140118_234632_810.jpg IMG_20140118_234807_729.jpg IMG_20140118_234700_935.jpg

Thanks arista5 for the video of the auction, now can someone please tell me what language they auction cars for in the USA, that auctioneer is amazing!

"Too modified" is correct in my opinion and this car would have sold for more if kept more original, someone spent allot of money putting that stereo in, lowered the suspension, and I think it really hurt the value of this car in a big way. Wheels really are not considered a Modification because they can be popped on and off and they do not hurt the collectable value, but cutting up an interior or changing the dash or electronics, or adding body kits can be harmful to collectable cars' resale value. If the new owner restored the interior to OEM original I would bet the car's value goes up by 30%+ since it is a rare color, and its in the model range 97-2001 that is very sought after by collectors.

Rare colored cars or any cars with under 30k miles will get a premium since there are not left many out there with those specs.. Lets not forget these are all low production, hand built all aluminum cars that dont rust, are reliable, and sold $20k over sticker when they were new, they are deservedly becoming coveted and great collector cars. I have been contacted by 2-3 potential buyers (some from Japan) asking if I wanted to sell mine over the past 9 months, as of now I am not selling, but I am getting tempted..

Last edited:
May 2014 Automobile Mag. The photo does no justice to the wheels. Most of the write up is devoted to Alex Z. But the last sentence is interesting. Anyone see this one after the sale or know where it went?

Am getting conditioned to see a photo of the gen-1 NSX in every other car mag now.

abepyvy9.jpg

I saw that. Funny how a 13 to 24 yr old car still gets the press and is still compared every other sports car of the current generation. It makes me even more happy to own one.

I watched it online, no real action on it. A think a Ford dealer bought in in Cali. 7 owners and my friend who works for R and S said it was a 7/10. These cars will be 100k in a few years time.

May 2014 Automobile Mag. The photo does no justice to the wheels. Most of the write up is devoted to Alex Z. But the last sentence is interesting. Anyone see this one after the sale or know where it went?

Am getting conditioned to see a photo of the gen-1 NSX in every other car mag now.

abepyvy9.jpg

what I find most interesting IMHO is that up until recently, I'm thinking that only or mostly NSX drivers have been looking at zanardi's (and NSX's in general), focusing on their drivability value mostly vs. cost. Many here are extreme in their love or disinterest of them (I happen to love them since I'm a coupe fan) but I feel few have looked at NSX's and zanardi's in particular purely as a collector piece. Only one I can think of after 3 years here is the 45 or 50 mile one (2005?) that went to asia. It will be interesting over the next few years with all the recent attention NSX's have been getting to see if collectors who have little interest about drivability start to looking harder at NSX's. Strange, but I hope that doesn't happen.

The few zanardi's that have sold in the last 10 years to my recollection were the same few cars that had some issues....I bet the majority of US owned cars(that we never hear about) are well loved and cared for and we will be surprised how nice they are if and when asking prices get to the point where these owners decide to sell.

Back