• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone from Toronto? NSX Club in Toronto??

No. But some of the owners there have become members of the NSX Club of America http://www.nsxca.org with seven members currently in Ontario. And this year, NSXPO 2001 will be an easy one day drive away...
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 03 April 2001).]

I used to live in Toronto, and I think the city definitely needs a NSX club. I would be willing to help design the website. I only go to Toronto a couple times a year now, but my dad is a HUGE nsx fan and I am sure he would love to meet fellow enthusiasts.

------------------
NetViper -= looking to get an NSX before I turn 26! =- Didn't make 25 :(

I would be willing to help plan or even possibly host a meeting at my office. I am located near the Ontario Science Centre and have plenty of parking. I also have an indoor garage for about 4 cars. That is where my NSX stays.

I also would be interested in participating in the event. Which means that I would have to drive from Montreal(1300 km back and forth)ouch!!!

Futur post would be appreciated.

I'm from Pickering, and was always wondering if there was any Toronto people. I'm interested in doing something around Toronto.

I saw a red with a red top near Yonge and Finch today. Is that any of you?

I love how the cops are nabbing the sleeping left land bandits these days.

Originally posted by Robw:

I saw a red with a red top near Yonge and Finch today. Is that any of you?

Hey Rob,

I work around Yonge and finch and any nice day (wasnt sunday awesome?)I'll be bootin aroung in my NSX,but it is green with colour matched top.You will notice that distictive supercharger whine though....if your thinking about that mod let me know,I'd be happy to give you some 1st hand experience...I have a feeling you'll like it.As another member on this board once said, torque is a wonderful thing!

Goldy

Goldy, which supercharger do you have (comptech or GruppeM). How much did it cost you Canadian (1 dlr US=1 000 000 dlrs canadian)
frown.gif
and from where?

Why don't we get a few Canadian NSXers together and try to get a group price on superchargers.

Hey silver,

The supercharger,exhaust, headers and airbox are all Comptech, and the Mods were imported direct from Comptech by my acura dealership,North Toronto Acura.If your curious or interested,you should speak to their NSX guy,Rene.I believe he runs the parts dept. and also races NSX's.His help in negotiating a "fair" price w/Comptech(with U.S.$ conversion AND duty taxes), endless patience for my unrelenting questions was much appreciated.The cost of install is about what youd expect, after all, the cost of parts alone (excluding duty)is appx $15,000 US!!Convert that by about 1.5 (OUCH),add another thousand or so for taxes and of course, dont forget the labour charges for the installation by Acura(if u want to sleep well at nights) and youre starting to get uncomfortably close to 30 large (canadian).You might want to consider just squezzing out the extra couple of grand and get yourself a TypeR integra instead(that thought did cross my mind,...LOL).
I am totally satisfied with the mods' performance and so far, no regretable incidents.Hope this helps..

Goldy

The cost of install is about what youd expect, after all, the cost of parts alone (excluding duty)is appx $15,000 US!!

What??? The supercharger normally sells for around US$10K. Get it from Mark Basch and he includes installation for less than that...

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
The cost of install is about what youd expect, after all, the cost of parts alone (excluding duty)is appx $15,000 US!!

What??? The supercharger normally sells for around US$10K. Get it from Mark Basch and he includes installation for less than that...

Hey nsxtasy;

If you will take the time to re-read my post (and the quote you provided),you'll note that I was refering to "parts" as in plural,specified earlier in my original post as S/C,exhaust,headers and airbox.

As I browsed through the Comptech web site I noted the following item costs,
Supercharger pkg,(95-96 targa)$10,800
S/S headers $ 1,595
S/S exhaust $ 1,159
Airbox $ 729
----------
Total $14,283

Now, toss in an air filter or two,couple xtra replacement S/C belts,some nuts and bolts required and even a very modest sales tax and I think you'll find that $15,000 is not an unreasonable estimate.
Although I was very happy with the installation and subsequent performance of this mod,I have heard good things on this board about Mark Basch and would have dealt with him gladly.But it would not be practical for him to do the install on my car (due to our locations) and tuning/service would sure be a bitch of a commute.As well,the hassle Canadians endure at customs when importing goods,plus the associated taxes/duties made it more convinient for me to do it all in 1 place.

Hope to clear up that misunderstanding.

Goldy

Sorry, my error.
redface.gif

I also agree with you that you're probably better off arranging with your local service shops who are familiar with the intricacies of getting parts through customs, etc. Too bad about that border in this case though - Mr. Basch has been willing to get on a plane to do work in distant cities where several owners have decided they want in on a group deal.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Too bad about that border in this case though - Mr. Basch has been willing to get on a plane to do work in distant cities where several owners have decided they want in on a group deal.

Yes,I agree.Certainly the best way to get the maximum performance and reliability out of a mod of this type is to have it installed,tuned and maintained by the most experienced person.From what I've read on this board,Mark Basch is that person.

But the worst part of the "border" issue is by far the $ exchange rate. Talk about a double-whammy!!! My advice for any Canadians looking to do similar work is...You better want it bad!Cause its gonna hurt....

But,when thoughts of payment get me down,I know what to do.Take NSX towards Highway.Engage 2nd gear from on-ramp.Floor it at 4000 rpm.Take it to just b4 redline and slam it into 3rd,flooring it all the way.Repeat and or Continue until you are satisfied(not likely)/pulled over by the cops/scared witless/questioning your sanity.
After that,the payment dosnt seem to matter as much.

Goldy

Goldy, I was up at Acura of North Toronto and it seems that they know your car pretty well there. Superchargers and all.

Just wondering if you had the timing /AC/alternator belts and water pump service done there? If so how much did it run you?

How did you like the work they did?

It's funny how the staff still gather around when an NSX pulls in.

You can email me directly if you want at

[email protected]

Thanks

Back