• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone have the window thingie pre made plier?

Howdy,

Pliers were forwarded on in late April after I completed my install via Priority Mail to Robert Watson ([email protected]). David B. e-mailed me last week and had not seen them quite yet.

The next two in the queue were David B. and Eric R.

-Matt

Hey guys,

I just made a pair of the pliers this week and installed my window thingy with ease. making the pliers only took about 30 seconds with a dremel. If someone is in need, you're more than welcome to use mine. Only thing is that I'm in Salem, OR.

I bought the pliers at Harbor Freight for about $4. and cut the grove with a grinder in just a few minutes, very cheap and easy to do, hardly pays to ship them. They are a MUST when doing the thingies though, I don't know how to install them without the pliers method. (very quick and easy with the pliers)

Lads, you don't need them! Follow the instructions but instead of using the "pliers with the groove" grab the slack cable "carefully" with a pair of duck bill pliers if you have them or just a pair of plain common pliers. The cable will lie in the grove, then hold tension on the wire and maniac the OEM thingie to remove it while holding tension on the cable, (don't let go!!!).
Insert the slack cable end into the new "thingie". Then tense the other cable and insert the other slack cable end into the new thingie same as before, and let go. Job done.
I have a pair of brand new pliers modified with the groove you can have to pass around but as I found you don't need them.
Have done many installations and they look cool but not needed.

Cheers
nigel

Since I don't have a need to fix the window thingy yet, can someone post a photo of the modified plier? It may come in handy in the future. Thanks.

When I did this a while back, I got the pliers to be modified from the 99 cents
Store..... and I only paid for the pliers for, you guessed it... 99 cents.

Back