• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Apex Dyno Day Results 050705

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all, I just wanted to say thanks to Romeo for setting up the dyno event at Apex and thanks to Steve for sponsoring the event. It was a great NSX gathering and it was good to see everyone and it was nice to meet some new faces.

Below are my results:

Uncorrected:
mikedyno1.gif

Corrected:
mikedyno2.gif

Mike

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mike,
What kind of mods do you have on your car? If it is stock putting out those numbers, that is very impressive. I did a dyno test about 2 years ago and with a K&N FIPK & Comptech Exhaust, I was able to get a best of 257.2 with 195.5 tq. Those numbers are corrected and performed on a Dynojet model 248C Dynamometer.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Litespeeds said:
Hey Mike,
What kind of mods do you have on your car? If it is stock putting out those numbers, that is very impressive. I did a dyno test about 2 years ago and with a K&N FIPK & Comptech Exhaust, I was able to get a best of 257.2 with 195.5 tq. Those numbers are corrected and performed on a Dynojet model 248C Dynamometer.

I have Competch CF Intake, headers and exhaust. Based on your results you have a very strong engine, being able to produce almost the same "corrected" numbers as my NSX without a header. You must really have fun with your NSX..

Mike

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I dynoed at 257.2 hp, I took my car to Sacramento Raceway to see what I can do in the 1/4 mile and my best was a 13.6 at 103mph. When I added the Comptech headers and replaced the K&N FIPK with the stock air box and Uni-filter and Cantrell AIS, I ran a best of 13.2 at 106mph. The 13.6 was with my stock 16x8 wheels and 225/50/16 A022 tires which are quite a bit lighter than my 18x10 Volk AV3 wheels and 275/35/18 S02 tires when I ran the 13.2 time. My 0-60' time was 2.125 with the stocks and 2.067 with the larger heavier wheels.

I am figuring that given my faster times, I probably picked up at least 15+ horsepower to the rear wheels. I am not sure exactly how many horsepower it takes to decrease your ET and increase your MPH but I am sure there is some formula out there that can predict how many horsepower difference just by looking at those times.