• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

At what speed do front EV motors cut out?

IIRC, it is somewhere above 100MPH, but I can't recall the exact spec. Does someone know and have a link to the source document?

I'm at the track and can detect zero fall-off in acceleration, but this is at a relatively "tight" track (Thunderhill "West" 2 mile configuration). Max speeds are 100-ish at end of short straight.

I'll post my impressions after the full weekend, but early thoughts are that the car is a blast on track. I continue to lean harder on the car to find its limits (and mine). No flinching yet. Also, in Track mode (which holds revs insanely high) in 96deg ambient heat, no heat problems at all. Will be 100 degs tomorrow.

love to hear more on the track impressions and if there is any drop off in performance after a few hot laps with batteries starting to lose charge or get hot

love to hear more on the track impressions and if there is any drop off in performance after a few hot laps with batteries starting to lose charge or get hot

Completely consistent. Almost makes me wish there was a "qualifying lap" button where car would go balls out for one lap. Logically, something must be left on the table to allow for thermal and battery management/consistency. So far, however, your humble driver is the one holding back the car. I was doing 1:30.x best yesterday. I have not driven this configuration before, but I know that a time of 1:27.x is considered "decent" in a C7 Z06 and a time of 1:24 is considered "pro level" in the Z06 (with the Corvettes being on Cup2s in both cases-- I am on Conti's). It's a short lap, so I don't expect tires to be more than 2 seconds of difference-- but I am just guessing.

I'm hoping to do a bit better today, but don't plan on pushing it too much.

was under-steer an issue for you on the contis?

Back