• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Austin: Hill Country Cars & Coffee - Leander [Sunday, January 31st @ 11am-2pm]

Osiris_x11

Gold Member, Moderator: Marketplace

What: Hill Country Cars & Coffee

When: Sunday, January 31st @ 11am-2pm

Where: "Old Town" area of Leander (Willis Street near City Hall)

Why: John Eagle European will sponsor the new Cars and Coffee™ event in the “Old Town” area of Leander, Texas, on Jan. 31, 2010, from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. The Sunday event is part of the national series that began in Southern California as a causal gathering where enthusiasts bring everything from Astons to Mustangs, ‘32 Deuce Coupes and Nissan GTRs. The inaugural event will be in downtown Leander on Willis Street near City Hall with participation free to all.

Who: ...

Reference:

www.johneagleeuropean.com - www.johneagleeuropean.blogspot.com

Re: Austin: Hill Country Cars & Coffee - Leander [Sunday, January 31st @ 11am-2pm]

What: Hill Country Cars & Coffee

When: Sunday, January 31st @ 11am-2pm

Where: "Old Town" area of Leander (Willis Street near City Hall)

Why: John Eagle European will sponsor the new Cars and Coffee™ event in the “Old Town” area of Leander, Texas, on Jan. 31, 2010, from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. The Sunday event is part of the national series that began in Southern California as a causal gathering where enthusiasts bring everything from Astons to Mustangs, ‘32 Deuce Coupes and Nissan GTRs. The inaugural event will be in downtown Leander on Willis Street near City Hall with participation free to all.

Who: ...

Reference:

www.johneagleeuropean.com - www.johneagleeuropean.blogspot.com

I'm in!! I get home Wed for a week, then im back out for 3!!!

Re: Austin: Hill Country Cars & Coffee - Leander [Sunday, January 31st @ 11am-2pm]

I'm going to try to make this one

NSX presence!

I'm in!! I get home Wed for a week, then im back out for 3!!!
Good news, look fwd to seeing you!

hopefully i make this one
That'd be cool, weather may be a bit- hmmm, weird this weekend!

I'm going to try to make this one
Sounds good!

Are you going to meet up before hand
We can, all depends on how early you wanna roll into town & what others wanna do! We all can grab some coffee and/or a bite to eat before -or- after.

The gathering is scheduled for a Sunday, and 11am at that. Which is generally early for me on such a day, lolz... :D

There is also this, afterwards:

http://www.austinexoticcars.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=180

New event for Sunday Afternoons

Last week Cody approached me about the idea of getting some nice cars together and meeting at a local Cigar Shop in Lakeway for something a little different. We talked and decided to give it a shot so after we made a few phone calls, a few of us met at the shop to check it out. I know not everybody is a cigar smoker, so don't worry. A few folks enjoyed Cigars and a few enjoyed on a nice cold beer and soda, but we mostly relaxed on the patio out front, spending some time talking about cars and getting to know each other a little more. We all parked our cars in sight and spent a few hours talking on the patio, while some watched the Cowboys Game on the TV indside and others walked around the cars checking them out. Then we decided to head out for a short, scenic cruise to Hamilton Pool Rd, Hwy12 and Fitzhugh Rd, which landed us out near Dripping Springs. All together about 13 people showed up to the Cigar Room. About 6 cars ended up going on a cruise towards the end.

Because everyone had such an awesome time last Sunday... We want to try and make this an *OFFICIAL* weekly event for the higher end cars around Austin. So the plan is, to start meeting at "The Cigar Room" on Sundays around 3:00. We will also create alternative, shorter or longer cruise routes if folks prefer, and as ideas for new routes come about. Just an FYI, if you are absolutely appalled at the thought of being around Cigar smoke, it's nothing to worry about. It's not like there was smoke billowing out of the store. You will be perfectly fine out on the patio.

Directions and general info about the location:

The entrance drive is a little steep when you pull in off Lakeway (also known as 620), but it's really wide and as low as our cars sit, none of us had problems scraping. "The Cigar Room" is located in a "Boxed in" type retail area. They have bright red roofs that kind of set them off from the other buildings around. If you are coming from 71, turn right on Lakeway and the meet will be on your left about 3.5 miles down Lakeway, DIRECTLY across the street from the Shell Gas Station. You will pass a "Randalls", "Diamond Shamrock" and then the "Shell" station is the next landmark... all on your right. Immediately turn left.

http://www.thecigarroomshop.com

THE CIGAR ROOM
1310 Ranch Road 620 S
SUITE A- 12
AUSTIN TX 78734
EMAIL: [email protected]
TEL: 512-514-0359

Last edited:

i believe luis and jose are going. It doesn't matter where we meet.

I'm going for sure, just not in the NSX. I'll be in a black s2000 with black wheels. See everyone tomorrow

Kelly and I are gonna meet at my house around 10 to go get our cars washed at a place close by that I always take my car to. After that, we will head out there taking some nice back roads after coffee. Call me if you want to roll in with us. 512-573-0660

Hey guys, I've been a lurker for a while, but registered to thank Ko-nsx for letting me check out his car earlier today at the meet. You made my day.

Now I just need to get myself one!

16870_306391963139_543013139_4588511_5941452_n.jpg

Last edited:

I also got some pictures of this NSX. It was verrrry nice. I had the silver S2K parked on the other side.

What I have, didn't really take any. Good to see everyone again.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

5.JPG

4.JPG

Last edited:

Hey guys, I've been a lurker for a while, but registered to thank Ko-nsx for letting me check out his car earlier today at the meet. You made my day.

Now I just need to get myself one!

16870_306391963139_543013139_4588511_5941452_n.jpg

You are most welcome.

Looks like a nice gathering.
The mustang engine compartment looks like he spend alot of money on that car.

I'm glad someone remember to bring their camera. I completely forgot. Good to see everyone. I'm in love with the black Ford GT. I never even knew about a Renault Alpine til this one showed up... rear engine, DeLorean engine, 0.28 Cd, tons of glass, and rad 80s interior!

Great PICs Kelly. That Trans-am was very nicely done. The engine was spotless, and those wheels really look great on that car.

good times...

This was a great meet, the "Cars & Coffee Int'l" founder was in town from Irvine CA, as well as other notable local/regional peeps'.

It was cool to see TxChopperGuy, Alas-NSX, Ojas, Moses, and Ko-NSX! I had a long day ahead, so I was a bit preoccupied later, not to mention at times overwhelmed by the all the unique & awesome rides!

This Cars & Coffee Austin gathering will be once a month, on the last Sunday. Coupled w/ Hill Country Drives & Non-Club Club Austin, as well as spring & fall NSX Crazes, there is a lot going on in the greater Austin area. Not to mention tuner/import events like the truly massive Cupcake Meet a few weeks ago, as well as misc' get-togethers. . .

It was a good time. I especially liked the black Ford GT.

I'm also glad I was able to help KO-NSX decide that he "needs" FI to beat the Red Baron. :biggrin:

-José

Just double-checking to see if the next one is taking place in Leander again. Same place, same time?

Back