• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Austin NSX Meet (9/4)

When: Saturday, 9/4 Noon
Where: Austin, TX

Osiris_x11 and I are planning a get-together on 9/4 (Saturday) in Austin. We are planning a cookout at Osiris_x11’s place, drive thru the Hill Country, then going out for a nice dinner and drinks.

The more the merrier! It would be nice if some of our Houston friends could make it (but I understand if it’s too short notice).

Please reply or PM if you will be attending (So I can send you the address via PM). See you then!

<HR>Update: Here’s what we’ve planned:

• Noon-3 PM: Meet at Osiris_x11’s in Round Rock. I’ve already sent address, map, phone numbers to everyone who’s replied or PMed me. Let me know if you don’t have them. Osiris_x11 is going to have some great food ready for all of us!
  • 3 PM-5 PM: Group drive near around the lake area
  • 5 PM-7 PM: Chat and have some drinks at Hula Hut on Lake Austin
  • Evening: If you don’t have to go home, join us for a great time in town!!!

Last edited:
synergy004 said:
ojas, wazaaaap.

i tried calling you some time ago, no answer. Hey Im in for a get together, been awhile.

gil

Damn Gil, your making it hard for me to not go! I really want to make, but things are still ify guys. I might have a busy weekend.

Regards,
- Z

Fellow SouthCentral NSX pilots,

I've been wanting to get together in the past, but something always seemed to come up or I've made poor excuses. This time it will be different. My trusty co-pilot (wife) and I would love to join you for the outing.

If you would be so kind as to fill me in on the details, I'll have it PENNED into my schedule.

Warm wishes,

GeNSX

Hey Nick,

I wish I can come & check out your car with the "new" look! :eek: It looks great from the August Houston gathering photos. I finally got a chance to see Tommy's blue angel in person, she looks fine, typically stormrider's style. Have fun!

Sam

:D Actually, mine broke the 1k mark couple of weeks ago....it is now around 1.1k miles. BTW, thanks for getting the oil filter kits for us, I just picked them at Tommy's house this weekend.

Sam

Based on the replies and PM, it looks like there we'll have a good turnout. I'm working out the final details right now and will post this evening.

I just updated the <a href="http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=345759#post345759">first post</a> with the itinerary. See you there!

hmmm, i hear that Osiris is one fine cook! i think he's preparing some mediterrean stuff, so blood thirsty carnivores and tree-hugger veggie' peeps all will be in harmony. don't worry ya'll, the food won't be spicey... it'll be extremely spicey :p sincerely look fwd to seeing all of you (not really, i just want to see all your nsx's mu'ahahaha!)

Hey all, just wanted to say I had a great time, major props to Umar for feeding and housing the NSX-restless at his place, and Umar and Ojas for putting this whole thing together. The drive went well (if a little slow) and everything went off without a hitch/problem.

Look forward to the next meet!

Hey, I just moved into the Avery Ranch area and saw you guys driving around (well, I saw 6 NSX's, so I'm just assuming it was you :D ) Absolutely amazing. Now that I have a garage, I gotta join the club!

Nick.

11 strangers with a common love of all things NSX gathered at Osiris's home, north of Austin for some great food, networking and driving.

My random thoughts on the wonderful event:

1. Cleanest looking ride: Synergy004, stylish, clean, beautiful
2. Closest NSX sound most resembling F-1 car: Ojas the downshifts sounded like a wailing scream!
3. Best story: Osiris' tale of woe and tribulation with his NSX baby
4. Funniest moment: The V-Tech salute.
5. Best moment: When the kids with the car-wash signs were cheering, jumping up and down as 9 marvels of modern engineering purred past them.
6. Scariest moment: "Why are they braking in mid corner?? I thought these guys knew how to.... whoooaaahhhh, ABS aided stop."

We'll definitely have to to it again, hopefully in the future in San Antonio.

Very nice meeting you Ojas, Umar, Rob, Brian, Dave, Greg, Susanne, Gil, Jennalynn... I think that was everyone! Pictures following :)

GeNSX - Max and Charlotte

Attachments

• Mansfield Dam.jpg
    Mansfield Dam.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 362
Mansfield Dam - NSX + Jeep Cherokee??

Attachments

• Mansfield Dam2.jpg
    Mansfield Dam2.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 355
The Austin Crew

Attachments

• Austin crew1.jpg
    Austin crew1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 355
Austin Drive #1

Attachments

• Austin Drive1.jpg
    Austin Drive1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 341
Austin Drive #2: Up and Over Roller Coaster!

Attachments

• Austin Drive2.jpg
    Austin Drive2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 306
Austin Drive #3: NSX Taking "The High Road"

Attachments

• Austin Drive3.jpg
    Austin Drive3.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 327
Austin Drive #4: NSX as far as the eye can see!

Attachments

• Austin Drive4.jpg
    Austin Drive4.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 354
Austin Drive #5: The NSX conga line

Attachments

• Austin Drive5.jpg
    Austin Drive5.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 313
Comptech Supercharger - Silver NSX

Attachments

• Comptech supercharger.jpg