• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

(Australia) Should I go into debt for NSX ?

I have been struggling with this for some time now , I have only been in debt for a car 10 years ago and hated having that hanging over my head . So far I have $20k deposit $30k if I sold some of my other toys (which I don't want to do ) I want my cake and eat it too .
At this point it seems unrealistic to save , It's always the way when you save some money someone takes it off you , like a $1500 vet bill Cos my dog got run over last week .
There is no doubt I can afford a loan ATM but I just don't like paying interest on something that depreciates . I only have loans for my houses but thats OK .

Can someone talk me around ? Is there any great rate Aussie finance around for cars . Otherwise I may not get a car for a year or 2 :frown:

mate i find it hell hard to save my self.
I have saved 20k but thats for my property.

i will be going into debt for my nsx, people say its a bad thing to do but i know i cant save 70k, plus im buying a nsx thats not 100%. still i can save a little but ill borrow the rest. kinda like my reward for working so hard :)

the interest should be offset by the rently income from your property + some.
thats how im justifying it ehehehehehehe

There is no doubt I can afford a loan ATM but I just don't like paying interest on something that depreciates . I only have loans for my houses but thats OK .

Can someone talk me around ? Is there any great rate Aussie finance around for cars . Otherwise I may not get a car for a year or 2 :frown:

I guess only you can decide this one, but if you want to borrow money to buy a NSX, could you borrow against one of your houses to get a better rate?

SweetChuck, if it makes you feel any better i share your pain. Its great to have a deposit, but the gap between a deposit and fully owning an NSX seems to get greater. :frown:

That didn't work out to well for Bart Simpson and radioactive man Volume 1

hahahaha yes I remember that. NSXs in treehouses is a definate no-no.

I could see it working with high-end cars that are kept stock and only rarely driven.... but the beauty of the NSX is that it's...

vbh2.jpg

"an everyday, take-it-to-the-supermarket-supercar"
- Vicki Butler Henderson

Are you getting the red one in Sydney ??

Its not at that point yet,
only spoken to the guy. I almost bought it once when it was for sale in QLD but things went ugly with the now ex :(

I am looking at property for the next 2 weeks and once i get that ill be looking at the nsx.

But yes i want that red one purly for the fact i can get it cheap and wont be distroying a mint condition nsx to modify it. All the bad points on the car will be changed any way.

And for all you non sydney people it wont be staying red :)

The only way i see that car getting sold is to some one who wants to spend money on a nsx. i dont think there are many of us

Am I going to do something I may regret ? I thinking of diving in and buying the only car in my price range but it's an Auto and I don't really want an auto . The way i'm thinking if i can knock $4000 of the price I can do a manual conversion later . Is this a bad idea :confused:

I have been watching the Aus market for months now and nothing is changing and I'm not getting any younger , should I take the dive or will I be dissapointed with the Auto ????

It is a very nice NSX BTW with full service history and 65000 kms on the clock , Red I can live with

as long as an NSX . . . I can guarantee you wont regret either MT / AT :biggrin:

my 1st NSX'91 was MT but now my 2nd NSX'95 its an AT, at first I'm so worry that I might not be happy with the AT but after 3 yrs been driving it, I'm glad that I bought the AT, since I will never take my NSX to track, basically only for Sydney driving but the power its still very good, I think you should test drive then decide whether get the MT / AT

Odds are , I will regret an auto !! I don't have the car yet and I am already planning and researching mods ,IE Comptech , Nos , Blah , Etc :redface:
I am having serious mental issues with whole fing thing :frown:
And the guys selling it thinks I'm full of crap when I happen to drive pass that way in Brisbane (on the way to the Gold Coast) to show the wife what she thought . They did not give me the time of day.

Quote the missus { Wow much nicer than the pics ,i love it , pitty about the salesman }

Last edited:
hahahaha neo mate i dont understand the sydney and red nsx thing at all.
If i must move to own a black nsx then so be it :)

I have decided to go ahead , stuff it you only live once :biggrin:

This car is a private import , or a grey import ?? anything I should be weary of ??
It has full service history from Japan and Aus .

What the cheapest insurance for this , I have been quoted 1.2k PA with fair amounts of excess by the bank , just cars wanted 1.45k

All I need to do now is seal the deal , I want 14K trade for the hot Z32 + 6k cash + 25k financed . If they come to the party I may have the Honda in a few weeks :biggrin: I'm a bit nervous . I also have a half cut lined up for spare engine and manual conversion .

I have decided to go ahead , stuff it you only live once :biggrin:

This car is a private import , or a grey import ?? anything I should be weary of ??
It has full service history from Japan and Aus .

What the cheapest insurance for this , I have been quoted 1.2k PA with fair amounts of excess by the bank , just cars wanted 1.45k

All I need to do now is seal the deal , I want 14K trade for the hot Z32 + 6k cash + 25k financed . If they come to the party I may have the Honda in a few weeks :biggrin: I'm a bit nervous . I also have a half cut lined up for spare engine and manual conversion .

Only thing i hear most are worried about is them km reading being true and the history of the car
Hope it all works out.

Pics or ban, Pics or ban!!!

Damn Neo, where is my NSX ?

I should have parked my NSX close to the 2 Vic's NSX :biggrin:

It is not only the fact that you only live once, but you never know how long you are going to live...
I decided to spend my money on a NSX and keep it for only 3 years. Still have mine, and I'll rather sell my house (and rent a flat) than letting my car go. :rolleyes:

It's not the car you need to worry about, it's insurance, rego, service and security i would be worried about. Theres no way i'm buying mine until i can afford it outright.

You will be disappointed if you want a manual and settle for an auto. Depending on your age i guess. My personal opinion, flame ninjas.:wink:

It's not the car you need to worry about, it's insurance, rego, service and security i would be worried about. Theres no way i'm buying mine until i can afford it outright.

You will be disappointed if you want a manual and settle for an auto. Depending on your age i guess. My personal opinion, flame ninjas.:wink:

Too late I already bought the Auto , no regrets though as manuals in my price range was impossible $15k more . The way I figure it I can get a half cut manual with everything for the conversion + 44k on the engine for $5K .
That will also give me an auto engine and transmission to sell.
So I will do the conversion , I'm pretty handy with jap cars mechanics .
I only went into debt for half of the car and insurance was pretty good considering . The one and only reason I want the manual is to allow a performance upgrade path :smile:

What confuses me about this car though is it has manual steer and is a 91 auto . Or is this specific to it being a Jap import :confused:

Congrats on your purchase but i would be wary on budgeting for things based on what you might be able to something for. i have been messing around with cars for awhile and learnt that it always costs more than you think!

Envy you though, i could have had my car by now, but wanted the parts first!

Back