• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Battery Jumping Ports in Engine Bay ?

Over the weekend I saw a post which included an NSX at his wedding. The owner in the picture had his hood open to jump his battery.

Someone posted about there being an area in the engine bay to do this. Where abouts is this area? Any Pics?

Thanks

Ian

Over the weekend I saw a post which included an NSX at his wedding. The owner in the picture had his hood open to jump his battery.

Someone posted about there being an area in the engine bay to do this. Where abouts is this area? Any Pics?

Thanks

Ian

Ian,
In the Engine bay. Open the fuse box cover...you'll see a big plus sign..positive there...put the Neg anywhere you can get a good ground.
HTH

READ your owner's manual. It's in there. It's also on Prime if you search.

Thanks

Ian

Not helpful if you're stuck in a parking lot somewhere w/o internet. There's a reason cars come w/ owner's manuals that sit in the glove compartment.

Or he can just do what the instructions were in post #2.:wink:

Myself, I dont understand why someone would use the terminal in the fuse box over connecting directly to the battery. In my mind, with a caviet that Im very far from an electrical engineer, I would rather boost the system with a battery between the charger or booster, then directly through the fuse box.

Perhaps they put that option in because stock the battery is more difficult to reach? Did they do it so that you had a boost option at each end of the car?

it's there because it's a pain to get at the battery with the spare tire & bracket in place. Very little room to work. Much easier to open the engine bay. That fuse panel is powered right off the battery. The electricity doesn't care that it went thru a wire or straight to the battery post. It has to go thru a wire any way to reach the ignition & starter.

Back