• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bay Area Christmas Dinner Post #2

I just received confirmation from Downforce that they will be making a donation for our raffle for Toys for Tots.

I also received a PM from Hrant of KHrant Enterprises stating that he will be sending a donation as well.

The line up of partners generously donating to the NSXCA Bay Area Chapter Christmas Dinner / Toys for Tots event scheduled for Thursday December 11th are:

Science of Speed
Driving Ambition
MODE4
Detailing Dynamics
NSX GT
KHrant Enterprises
Downforce

I have to say, that the above partners have exceeded my expectations for the raffle and the NSXCA Bay Area Chapter extends our gratitude for your support and generosity which will ensure a successful Toys for Tots campaign.

You guys on the list no the drill, to participate in the raffle, you will have to bring an un-wrapped toy valued between $10.00 and $15.00. If you want to increase your chances of winning, we will be selling additional tickets before the raffle begins. So, be sure to bring extra cash. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited:
Nice job James. Make sure you bring ALL the donated items to the dinner....:biggrin:

Neither I nor any other James had anything to do with the work done to collect the donations from those people. All thanks for that work should be heaped onto Mike Cruz, the Bay Area NSXCA V.P.

Great job, Mike!

J

Neither I nor any other James had anything to do with the work done to collect the donations from those people. All thanks for that work should be heaped onto Mike Cruz, the Bay Area NSXCA V.P.

Great job, Mike!

J

woops. Sorry Mike. Great job on getting those donations. Now I see how you managed to have the nicest NSX in the Bay Area.

woops. Sorry Mike. Great job on getting those donations. Now I see how you managed to have the nicest NSX in the Bay Area.

Roger, Roger, Roger! You got it all mixed up again. I have the nicest NSX in the BA (ignore the rear wheels in front) and Mike got the donations. :tongue:

J

What's a "MODE 4"?

MODE4 sells the original fake 02+ Type R diffuser. But I happen to know that they've been working on a few things for release in the near future so I wonder if they're giving something even cooler than a diffuser?

J

Roger, Roger, Roger! You got it all mixed up again. I have the nicest NSX in the BA (ignore the rear wheels in front) and Mike got the donations. :tongue:

J

wow.....you wasted lucky post #888 on this?:biggrin:

OK OK....its a tie.......either way I would gladly trade my NSX for yours or Mike's...........

EDIT: Oh I see now that post #888 was used after the above quote.

MODE4 sells the original fake 02+ Type R diffuser.

MODE4 sells the original 02+ Type R diffuser replica. :biggrin:

What's a "MODE 4"?

The company that made the production version of my 02+ style bumper for pop-up headlights.

No problem Roger... I have my little friend "VISA" to thank for having one of the nicest NSX in the Bay Area.

J

James, you would have one of the nicest NSX in the Bay Area, provided there is a category for NSX's with 18/18's :biggrin::biggrin:

Mike

Last edited:
The company that made the production version of my 02+ style bumper for pop-up headlights.

Just like the one you have on your car? Is that what their donating? If that's the case let's just auction it off to highest bidder.

I can ask, but no guarantee's... The worst they could say is no, Right?

I still love that bumper!! Just can't afford it I hate using credit cards!!:mad:
if a bumper is on the raffle I will be bringing my check book :p(which pulls from my visa :p)

For big ticket items, I always use a credit card, because I'm a point whore :eek: Affinity credit card programs FTW :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mike

Since I'll be up there for the week, I'll try to make this event.

1) MikeC_587
2) NSFRBLX (Carlos)
3) racer-ex (Bill)
4) Kathy
5) Derek
6) Gary
7) Jack
8) Yolanda
9) Dhalsim (Roger)
10) Dhalsim's Lady (Pati)
11) 02#154 (James)
12) 02#154 (Lady Friend )
13) Lawrence
14) Lawrence's Wife (Sandy)
15) Whatisreal7 (Allen)
16) Allen's wife Lydia
17) flaminio
18) flaminio's wife Salley
19) DT Magic - Jill
20) Jimmy
21) Steve Hygelund
22) May Lee a.k.a. Ms. Purple!!
23) Dave Allmon (May's hubby)
24) Gil
25) Gil's +1?
26) BluryNSX
27) BluryNSX's Wifey
28) Mohammed (Ashik)
29) Janifa Ashik ?
30) Edub
31) Edub Guest
32) Lynn
33) Jim Shen
34) Margie Shen
35) smooth (Tariq)
36) smooth's SO (Shirazul)
37) Ben
38) NMYMIRR (tentative)
39) NSX GT (tentative)
40) Sicarius82 (Long)

Hi Long,

We certainly would like to see you at our Christmas Dinner, but the list you used to add your name too was not the most current. Carlos our President of the Bay Area Chapter posted an update to the list on 12-03-2008. So, I moved you to the "Wait List" (see below).

Keep checking this post to see if an opening comes up.

Thanks,

Mike

Update:

OK...now that James and I have to provide personal services.....:eek:

I'll give up my seat for BATMANs guest. Add myself to the Wait list.

It appears we have a full table!!!!

1 sign up as "tentative"

If you still have an interest in attending pleas add your name to the wait list below:

Dinner works out to be approximately $60 per person. Includes tip and tax.

Alcohol extra:

To make things easier with the collection of funds. We plan on collecting for the bill in advance of taking our places at the table.
We will have a list and will check your names off as we collect.
Please be prepared.

1) MikeC_587
2) racer-ex (Bill)
3) Kathy
4) Derek
5) Gary
6) Jack
7) Yolanda
8) Dhalsim (Roger)
9) Dhalsim's Lady (Pati)
10) 02#154 (James)
11) 02#154 (Lady Friend )
12) Lawrence
13) Lawrence's Wife (Sandy)
14) Whatisreal7 (Allen)
15) Allen's wife Lydia
16) flaminio
17) flaminio's wife Salley
18) DT Magic - Jill
19) Jimmy
20) Steve Hygelund
21) May Lee a.k.a. Ms. Purple!!
22) Dave Allmon (May's hubby)
23) Gil
24) Gil's +1?
25) BluryNSX
26) BluryNSX's Wifey
27) Mohammed (Ashik)
28) Lynn
29) Jim Shen
30) Margie Shen
31) smooth (Tariq)
32) smooth's SO (Shirazul)
33) Ben
34) Don Templeton "nsxnut"
35) Linda Templeton
36) iCEE (chuck)
37) Robert (NSXCA TX region)
38) BATMANs
39) BATMANs guest
40) NSX GT (tentative)

Wait List:
1) NSFRBLX (Carlos)
2) Sicarius82 (Long)
3)
4)

TOYS FOR TOTS:
Donated toys should be valued from $10 - $15 each, they must be new and in the orginal package. No plush or stuffed animals can be distributed due to health concerns.
Or you can:
Donate Online
If you donate on line, let us know so we can tally our contribution as a group.

Since I'll be up there for the week, I'll try to make this event.

1) MikeC_587
2) NSFRBLX (Carlos)
3) racer-ex (Bill)
4) Kathy
5) Derek
6) Gary
7) Jack
8) Yolanda
9) Dhalsim (Roger)
10) Dhalsim's Lady (Pati)
11) 02#154 (James)
12) 02#154 (Lady Friend )
13) Lawrence
14) Lawrence's Wife (Sandy)
15) Whatisreal7 (Allen)
16) Allen's wife Lydia
17) flaminio
18) flaminio's wife Salley
19) DT Magic - Jill
20) Jimmy
21) Steve Hygelund
22) May Lee a.k.a. Ms. Purple!!
23) Dave Allmon (May's hubby)
24) Gil
25) Gil's +1?
26) BluryNSX
27) BluryNSX's Wifey
28) Mohammed (Ashik)
29) Janifa Ashik ?
30) Edub
31) Edub Guest
32) Lynn
33) Jim Shen
34) Margie Shen
35) smooth (Tariq)
36) smooth's SO (Shirazul)
37) Ben
38) NMYMIRR (tentative)
39) NSX GT (tentative)
40) Sicarius82 (Long)

Last minute business travel forces me to withdraw from the dinner. If we don't get this PO I will be thoroughly pissed! I'm updating the list by removing my wife and I, and inserting the two wait-listers.

1) MikeC_587
2) racer-ex (Bill)
3) Kathy
4) Derek
5) Gary
6) Jack
7) Yolanda
8) Dhalsim (Roger)
9) Dhalsim's Lady (Pati)
10) 02#154 (James)
12) Lawrence
14) NSFRBLX (Carlos)
15) Sicarius82 (Long)
16) flaminio
18) DT Magic - Jill
19) Jimmy
20) Steve Hygelund
23) Gil
24) Gil's +1?
25) BluryNSX
26) BluryNSX's Wifey
27) Mohammed (Ashik)
28) Lynn
29) Jim Shen
30) Margie Shen
31) smooth (Tariq)
33) Ben
35) Linda Templeton
36) iCEE (chuck)
38) BATMANs
39) BATMANs guest
40) NSX GT (tentative)

Wait List:
1)
2)
3)
4)

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Please arrive to Izzy's no later than 7pm.
We hope to have you all in your seats by 7:30pm to place your orders for dinner.
We will need this time to collect for dinner and the selling of extra raffle tickets.

Your timely arrival will be appreciated by all attending.

To increase your chances of winning we will also sell raffle tickets (cost to be determined) at the dinner. The funds from the sales will go to the Bay Area Chapter Fund.

Mike

Here's the breakdown for purchasing additional raffle tickets that will be available at dinner.

1 additional Ticket for $5
3 additional Tickets for $10
6 additional Tickets for $15

Increase your chances of winning!! There will be some great prizes to be raffled off!!

I look forward to seeing you all on Thursday!!

Last edited:
Last minute business travel forces me to withdraw from the dinner. If we don't get this PO I will be thoroughly pissed! I'm updating the list by removing my wife and I, and inserting the two wait-listers.

1) MikeC_587
2) racer-ex (Bill)
3) Kathy
4) Derek
5) Gary
6) Jack
7) Yolanda
8) Dhalsim (Roger)
9) Dhalsim's Lady (Pati)
10) 02#154 (James)
12) Lawrence
14) NSFRBLX (Carlos)
15) Sicarius82 (Long)
16) flaminio
18) DT Magic - Jill
19) Jimmy
20) Steve Hygelund
23) Gil
24) Gil's +1?
25) BluryNSX
26) BluryNSX's Wifey
27) Mohammed (Ashik)
28) Lynn
29) Jim Shen
30) Margie Shen
31) smooth (Tariq)
33) Ben
35) Linda Templeton
36) iCEE (chuck)
38) BATMANs
39) BATMANs guest
40) NSX GT (tentative)

Wait List:
1)
2)
3)
4)

Allen,

Sorry your plans changed. Hopefully, we will see you at future events in 2009.

Happy Holidays.

Mike

Sorry guys, can't make it tomorrow. Have fun.

Gabe,

Have a Happy Holiday and I look forward to seeing you at future events in 2009. Thanks again for the donations from your personal collection.

Mike

Hi All,

Unfortunately, Robert from TX has dropped out, having to postpone his arrival from Houston. So, there is one more space available.

I'm planning on driving the NSX to the dinner. I assumed that others would too since it'll probably be clear tomorrow night (though likely very cold) but thought I'd ask. Who's taking their daily driver? Who's taking their NSX?

J

Back