• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BEWARE 2005 Acura NSX JH4NA21645S000143 - Southeast Auto Group

I note in the pics the oil pan is dented, perhaps from the off road excursion.
Surprised they wouldn't have replaced that.

I'm late to this thread but I do see it's on eBay (Aug 31, 6 days to go) bidding at $41k, reserve not met.

I'm late to this thread but I do see it's on eBay (Aug 31, 6 days to go) bidding at $41k, reserve not met.

Reserve is meaningless apparently to this questionable dealer. This NSX "sold" twice in no reserve auctions and once with a reserve and yet it is still being listed on fleabay by Southeast.

I note in the pics the oil pan is dented, perhaps from the off road excursion.
Surprised they wouldn't have replaced that.

Look at all that tread on the tires too ;)

Bald tires, if the new owner or sucker that buys it next drives away and wrecks it because of the bald tires that would suck.

also the area I circled show frame damage that is a putty they use to cover up bang marks with a hammer when pulling the frame IE aluminum
you need to pull and bang pull and bang to keep the aluminum from going back out of spec.

and they also use this to cover up new welds. vs painting it to match, with the mentality oh that's just road grim.

this car 100% had frame work done or a new rail was welded in.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1147305-9-large.jpg
    1147305-9-large.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 892
  • 1147305-31-large.jpg
    1147305-31-large.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 884
Bidding only got up to $50,100 this time.

He should have taken the offers the other three times this nsx "sold" on ebay.............

I found a thread on reddit where some ebay employees explain how these guys can do fake bids. read some of it its pretty interesting the scam ebay ishttps://www.reddit.com/r/explainlik...5_who_is_buying_smart_phones_on_ebay_for_10k/
If the scams only represent about 1% of their transactions, I wouldn't qualify Ebay a scam. What you have is a small number of buyers and sellers feeding off the greed or stupidity of others. If you were selling one of your many NSXs to the average Joe through Prime or a classified ad in the newspaper, you'd wait until the funds were in your hand or securely in your bank account before you gave them the keys and title. What some of these scammers do is find a way to make you let your guard down in the hope of making a too good to be true deal. Gordon Gekko was wrong, Greed is not good. It's a weapon that can be used against you. If people would just follow Ebay's guidelines that are there to protect the buyer and the seller, these scammers would have little chance to succeed. I've done many transactions on Ebay and only once have I run into something that wasn't as represented in the auction. I tried to contact the seller first and when that went nowhere, I contacted Ebay. Ebay got my money back. And I sent the item back to the seller even though he didn't want it back. I just wanted to do right on my end of the deal. I think Ebay does what it can to protect its legitimate clients.

So another ebay auction, and another reserve not met. But also another auction where a dealer bid up the price in the closing hours from $50k to $55.9k.

Good catch RSO 34, there is a LOT of faux bidding on ebay. In addition to the accident history of this 05, the market for 02-05 cars has softened greatly over the last year. The market overall for the pop up headlight cars has gone up, especially for the 97-01 cars. I wish I still had my 00!

Shady seller though, should just list it at a BIN price.

It has a BIN on their website of $59k and it has "sold" 3 times now, twice with no reserve and once with a reserve that ended up being higher than their BIN. Unless someone does a thorough PPI and checks about possible frame damage there is no way of knowing its real value.

The sad reality about this is that out there, there's someone that really will buy {knowing it's history} it to own/drive/enjoy and not flip for profit. But at the end of the day, he's stuck with a "branded" car that he'll nearly never be able to sell should that day come.

The sad reality about this is that out there, there's someone that really will buy {knowing it's history} it to own/drive/enjoy and not flip for profit. But at the end of the day, he's stuck with a "branded" car that he'll nearly never be able to sell should that day come.

I'd buy it if the price was below wholesale value and use it a daily driver for 100k-200K miles. As long as it drives straight and wasn't a flood car, who cares about the hit to the front.

I'd buy it if the price was below wholesale value and use it a daily driver for 100k-200K miles. As long as it drives straight and wasn't a flood car, who cares about the hit to the front.

That's what I'm saying. Things get fixed. As long as it was done well and is sound mechanically. For the right price of course.

this thread is not about the car.. but the shady dealer and their tactics. I rebuild wrecked nSX's as long as you disclose the info and show them pics before and after your good. but only after prodding the dealer for info they finally gave a one liner about the wreck. that is shady.

the car sure looks great if it drive great then cool... but the seller milking people for years off ebay etc. is the real reason for this thread.

i've seen it on the p-car forums. the unfortunate buyer will find their way here and realize that in their exuberance, they bought the turd the everyone knew was a turd. no one will take it off their hands, the seller will not offer a refund despite having been threatened with legal action. buyer - an unsuspecting and relatively good person - will end up spending tons of money to get it "right." like watching a crash in slow motion.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what ever happened to this car? I haven't seen it listed for sale recently.

Back