• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Beware in Palmdale and Lancaster: Radar

Loveland, CO and Trabuco Canyon, California
Going to Willow Springs Raceway or Mammoth?

Last Thursday, Feb. 22, there was a cover story in the Antelope Valley Press about the CHP nailing 45 motorists at 85 mph and faster, in two hours, "using a new device that sends out a laser beam rather than radar waves to measure speed." The newpaper photo shows a CHP standing on the Avenue N overpass, aiming the "lidar" at motorists below him on the 14 freeway.

It says, "From the Avenue N overpass between 9 and 11 a.m., Officer Jason Peavy aimed the gunlike lidar device--the name is an acronym for "light detections and ranging"--at vehicles heading north, while five officers in CHP cruisers chased after suspected speeders to pull them over and write them tickets."

Beware in Palmdale and Lancaster on the 14 freeway.

Last edited:
Another disconcerting thing, the speed measuring towers in Olancha (on the way to Mammoth) no longer trigger my radar detector, but are clearly indicating my speed.

They are also using that "lidar" along the 405 fwy. Kind of a good thing..i'm gettin really sick of those raised trucks speeding as if they have control...one sudden move and they flip over like dominos.

in case you didn't know , the Ave N is used by the CHP as a training area for all sorts of stuff like thaat. it's one of the place they teach "pacing" as they shoot down the ramp on you...DANGER WILL ROBINSON!:eek:

Back