• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bike Rack

I need to find a bike rack that will fit on the back of my 2000 NSX. I found one that required me to drill holes in my roof (not going to happen). Anyone got any ideas or suggestions. Tired of riding the same A1A road trail here in Fort Lauderdale. Thanks...

The Yakima makes a kit for the FD - no drilling or hacking

can't imagine that they won't have something that works for the NSX.

Have u looked at Thule?

84380004.jpg

84380009.jpg

84380006.jpg

Of course, the best way to carry and protect ur bike from getting hit is in the bed of a pick-up:

84380025.jpg

I hope our NSX isn't a garage queen. Expect scratches with any bike rack installed. Especially with the rear trunk mounted ones.

Plus too many variables that can go wrong. Your bike shifting in the freeway. Your metal pedals rotate and digs into the paint. Your pedals smash against your tail lights.

Good Luck.

+1
i had a rack like the one above (not on nsx) and scratches or wear marks are common occurance.

Wow, I can't imagine wanting to do that. But my car isn't a daily driver. Can't you get a buddy to take your bike for you?

Thanks for all the help. Mine is a daily driver and I don't mind a few scratches (already got some). I am more more concerned about losing my bike on the interstate. I am a triathlete and train alone. Not many of my buddies want to get up at 5:00 am on the weekend and bike for 50 miles before breakfast.:biggrin:

Last edited:
I believe the one's allstar was selling in this post are gone because I was interested in one of them at the time he posted.

If I were going to do this I'd probably opt to install a small trailer hitch and then purchase a bike rack that slides into the receiver.

I wouldn't put anything on the roof.

But then, I said the same thing 6 years ago... ;)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=138382

Deja Vu at work....

-Jim

Last edited:
To the ney sayers.... For the last 8 years I have used a bike rack on 2 different NSX's. No damage ,no problems. I carry lightweight bikes ,15~20 lbs. usually only one and uninstall the rack when not in use. I have 2 racks that I can sell. They are now out of production from the supplier. $200 +shipping Jeff

Besides .. when you show up at the local ride in your NSX, who can top that!....

Now 1 left.....

I like the idea of the trailer hitch. I will see if I can get one to fit on the NSX. I wonder what the tow capacity of the NSX would be...$200 for a used bike rack? I am surpised you sold one...:cool:

I like the idea of the trailer hitch. I will see if I can get one to fit on the NSX. I wonder what the tow capacity of the NSX would be...$200 for a used bike rack? I am surpised you sold one...:cool:

One of his creations re-sold here in the marketplace within days of posting at around $150 used if I remember correctly so there is a market for these racks.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119601

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar
Besides .. when you show up at the local ride in your NSX, who can top that!....

Okay ,You win..... By the way that is the same rack I start with,
All the racks I sold were new,not used.. jeff

Allow me to show you....

2agnhpx.jpg

$600,000 Ferrari F40.....check
$8,000 Ferrari bike........check
$19,000 Wheels...........check

Or maybe your a Murcielago fan and enjoy skiing..

lamborghini_murcielago_jonolsson.jpg

Murci not your style? Gallardo it is...

lambo30k1.jpg

lambo30k2.jpg

I spotted this pretty bold setup :eek: while out riding through the Marina one day:

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,136
I know this post is very old so I assume you sold the second bike hitch. If its gone cane you send me how it was attached. I had one on my NSX and it's not safe .Thx Phil 630-639-1404

Back