• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bilstein shocks for NSX discontinued?

Today I noticed a leak of hydraulic fluid from my rear shock and immediately called my local Acura dealer for a price on a new one. How does $230 each sound. (OEM SHOCK ONLY). I immediately moved to Plan B.

Plan B: Called BAP Imports for a price on Bilstein shocks and was told the company(Bilstein) was out of stock and would no longer be manufacturing the shock for the NSX. My local Acura dealer then confirmed that he had heard of this also.

Has anyone heard of this or is this pure insanity on Bilstein's part? What are the hundreds of NSX owners with Bilsteins going to do if/when they need a replacement?

If anyone has a reliable source for availability on these please let me know. I don't want to buy a complete set of front and rears yet; especially if Bilsteins are no longer available. I simply want to change out both rears for now as not to mismatch shock brands. I didn't want to have to move to Plan C: Koni Adjustable Shocks, but I will if there is no alternative.
Let me know.

Sounds like a good question for the Vendor Support forum - Both Dali and CGI carry the Bilsteins.

Bilstein has not discontinued NSX dampers. We have orders pending. They list for 199.00 each; hoever, NSXCA members receive significant discounts.

Originally posted by Lud:
Sounds like a good question for the Vendor Support forum - Both Dali and CGI carry the Bilsteins.

Hi All,

I have got several frantic "HELP! I just heard that Bilstein has discontinued their shocks for the NSX!!!!????" private e-mails this past week. This is all BS - Bilstein USA is here is San Diego - what has
happened is that someone at corporate was "asleep" and didn't notice that
we were selling so many sets of their shocks and didn't order more of them in time, and so the USA channel is "dry" at the moment. There might be a few left on someone's shelf somewhere but the head office can't find
any. The next container with NSX shocks in it will hit the USA in April

I heard that BAP had one set on the shelf that they offered to me at the "low WD price" of $570.00/set of 4. When I replied that I normally retail them for $530.00 set and couldn't they do better they looked for another victim.

------------------
need more info? private me @

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

Back