• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bombing in Boston, WTF?

It's terrible news. Lots of carnage.

I've been following the news of this practically since it happened since I have a lot of runner friends on FB...and running Boston has been on my bucket list since I started running marathons six years ago. So crazy and upsetting.

The injured count keeps increasing (49 as of 5pm ET), at least two people have died, and police have found more devices than the two that exploded. And there was another explosion at the JFK Library (which they have yet to confirm is connected to the blasts at the marathon finish). Ugh.

Edit: my apologies didn't mean to offend anyone or stir the pot on this tragic day.

Last edited:
I don't see anything "lol" about this.....maybe you should edit your post

Terrible news. They already saying terrorists. Can't pin it on Osama now..:rolleyes:

How is this act not considered terrorism?

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror, often violent, especially as a means of coercion.

I don't see anything "lol" about this.....maybe you should edit your post

Sorry didn't mean the situation no disrespect I edited it. Its definitely a sad situation. Just interesting how they said it was an "orchestrated terrorist attack" with nothing to back it up

How is this act not considered terrorism?

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror, often violent, especially as a means of coercion.

But the word has been linked to the middle east for many many years. Whens the last time they called a massive shooting spree in a school a terrorist attack? I can guarantee 99 out of 100 people will be thinking middle east. But really not trying to offend anyone and I apologize if I did.

Last edited:
But the word has been linked to the middle east for many many years. Whens the last time they called a massive shooting spree in a school a terrorist attack? I can guarantee 99 out of 100 people will be thinking middle east. But really not trying to offend anyone and I apologize if I did.

They said its an act of terror. Meaning bomb and not a natural accident like gas line explosion. The word terror refers to a malicious act, and terrorist is a person who carries out that attack. Have you never heard of terror attacks by the IRA? That's the IRISH republican army. How about terror attacks by Chechen rebels inside Russia? They are not middle eastern. There are also the home brewed ones... like the Oklahoma City bombing or the anthrax attacks carried out by American terrorists. "Terrorist" simply means someone who carries out acts of terror.

- - - Updated - - -

You should put a graphic warning on your links. Man that is really bad. That poor guy and girl.

Sorry, I went back and wrote (GRAPHIC), I hope that's enough.

Yes, so much tragedy and sadness in those pictures.

Last edited:
With two bombs detonating roughly 100 yards away from each other and others already discovered but not detonated, I would say it would be fairly accurate to call it an orchestrated act of terror.

So disheartening, I was kicking myself this morning for not registering given how nice the weather was. This is the world we live in now unfortunately.

Gives me second thoughts on going to the Celtics game tomorrow night.

I'm not arguing that its not a terror attack just on how the media portrays it. "FBI say its a terrorist attract" then they go on saying "Obama did not use the word terror in his statement" why do we need to know that? And not once did I see the word "terrorist" used on the movie theater massacre. The media seems to pick and choose when they want to use the word IMHO. I agree 100% this is an act of terror and I hope justice is brought to the individual(s) responsible. Prayers go out to the families.

Last edited:
Imagine one moment you are full of pride seeing your loved ones crossing the finish line of a 26 mile run..the next in a single second you have your leg blown off below the knee......we have such an open society in the us so different from others..yet episodes like this are infrequent......God bless those grieving and suffering...

I would guess this will turn out to be a domestic act. 4/15, Patriots Day and numerous other domestic terror tragedies all around this time-frame.
Let's not forget, Boston MA is considered a bastion of Liberal thought and despised by many who are anti-government.

WARNING: NSFW (GORE)

Please do not click on these links if you have a weak stomach. They are images of the devastation caused by the bombings today. What you are seeing on television is much less severe than what actually happened.

http://imgur.com/a/riTdO

Video of the bombing: https://vine.co/v/bFdt5uwg6JZ

*Note how the one runner seems to be jostled around from the energy of the blast, wherein he wobbles from side to side before he collapses.*

http://i.imgur.com/vkmrx13.jpg (Many media outlets are using this image and cropping out the carnage below)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=072_1366065507 (crazy)

http://i.imgur.com/I5LY4w9.jpg (He's literally pinching his artery so he doesn't bleed out).

Last edited:
I can never walk in that area the same way again. It's going to always bother me now.

since you stuck your neck out and we jumped on you...i'm gonna stick my head out as this is sadly become part of our lives now. Even carrying guns is not gonna help these terrorists.

When 911 happened, I was in Singapore working and when I saw on TV people jumping off building from 100+ floors I could not fathom nor understood what has just happened to my beloved country.

I asked one of the local Malaysian Islamic co-workers to explain the event over lunch and he agreed. He was just a regular/typical Muslim with 8 kids said "the West over analyze it too much. There is no hate. Its quite simple actually. Its not Bush's/Clinton's fault. Suppose you and I were best buddies since we were kids. Playing together all the time and now we are grown and my "Mosque/church" asks me to go Jihad, I am happy to kill you (with a big:smile: on his face) because you are an infidel and that just the way Sharia law is. We just follow and do, you guys keep asking questions and trying to figure it out."

Its hard to compete with their birth rate so in next generation or two, imagine all of them who are living in the West can vote. The killing is part of live now, it will never end until the end of time for as long as they are alive.

Sent!

Further (civil) discussion?

since you stuck your neck out and we jumped on you...i'm gonna stick my head out as this is sadly become part of our lives now. Even carrying guns is not gonna help these terrorists.

When 911 happened, I was in Singapore working and when I saw on TV people jumping off building from 100+ floors I could not fathom nor understood what has just happened to my beloved country.

I asked one of the local Malaysian Islamic co-workers to explain the event over lunch and he agreed. He was just a regular/typical Muslim with 8 kids said "the West over analyze it too much. There is no hate. Its quite simple actually. Its not Bush's/Clinton's fault. Suppose you and I were best buddies since we were kids. Playing together all the time and now we are grown and my "Mosque/church" asks me to go Jihad, I am happy to kill you (with a big:smile: on his face) because you are an infidel and that just the way Sharia law is. We just follow and do, you guys keep asking questions and trying to figure it out."

Its hard to compete with their birth rate so in next generation or two, imagine all of them who are living in the West can vote. The killing is part of live now, it will never end until the end of time for as long as they are alive.

Sent!

Islam or infidel ? Which are you?

If this hideous planning is home-grown, what mind from where dreams this up?

Last edited:
Back