• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brake Problem?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I was driving and was forced to slam on my brakes for a critter on the road. when I did that my brakes made a loud POP noise like the suspension snapped.. the tires didnt lock ABS light didnt come on.. The ABS acutator went off for a few sec after that happened.
The POP noise sounded like if you hit a pot hole really hard and fast.. the brake pedal had a kick back on it and the steering wheel also jerked up and down.

any ideals guys? do I need to take it in to get inspected?

------------------
'92 Sebring Silver NSX #181

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds to me like normal NSX ABS operation.
I was recently forced to excercise by ABS to free a sticky solenoid. Methods suggested were using grass or gravel. Which is difficult to find where I live. Also seemed to be a bit rough for a NSX. I did find an empty parking lot with oil patches to use which worked great! I excercised the system maybe 30 times because I was determined to free the solenoid. The ABS system comes on and shakes with a vengeance. I think I recall hearing that when ABS system first came out, people paniced at the shake and released the brakes, only to end up in an accident. I believe newer systems do not shake so much. Everything has been working great for over a year now, but I have been told that the system needs to be exercised on an annual basis. A word of caution, if you need to create your own oil spots in the parking, it only takes a drop the size of a quarter in all four respective location to get the tires to slip. Also pick a parking spot location where other cars normally drip so that others, and motorcycles, do not drive through it. You will end up with a little bit of oil on your inner fenders with this approach. Of course I am not recommending it as it is not environmentally safe, but all things considered it is the only oil that my NSX has 'leaked' in 11 years.

bill

Lud

Legendary Member
PrimeAdmin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend "excercizing" your ABS system more than once a year, but that's just me.

A wet parking lot works really well.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know just for the hell of It I did it on a dry pavement here outside of work and it did it again.. you slam on the brakes and then a HUGE SNAP noise comes from the front about 60% deceleration. The brakes dont lock up ABS light doesnt come on.. I dont think it is abs..

The ABS acutuator didnt kick in this time.

------------------
'92 Sebring Silver NSX #181

[This message has been edited by HapaHaole (edited 14 September 2001).]