• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brought her home

She's finally at home. Needs cleaning and minor fixes. New wheels and tires are waiting too. But what a machine... I wasn't that excited about the car since I bought my S2000 :rolleyes:

Saying official Hello to NSX community :)

Attachments

• athome.jpg
    athome.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,055
Congrats! Another s2000 to nsx person!!

CONGRATS!!
make sure you post pics with the new wheels! I wanna see as many as possible before i get into a set for myself!

nice color the fastest of all the colors.

congrats

you need any hard to get parts let me know I have almost everything

Nice find! Looks clean, can't wait to see the change the wheels make :)

Thanks guys! Just put new wheels on and went for a quick drive just so I don't have any surprises tomorrow morning when I need to get to work.

Quick observations:
- front rims are 17x8 and with 215/40 it almost looks like tire is too narrow.
- overall rotation mass has increased comparing to stock and made acceleration slower and car is less responsive to throttle (which brings a question - are OEM rims forged? almost feels like it.. need to check weight for these too); rears have 275/30 hence I blame heavy tires. Will be putting 255s which again brings good Q: is there any tire weight comparison chart anywhere?
- right front brakes vibrate under somewhat heavy braking. After inspecting everything while putting new wheels I found many micro cracks on the surface of the front brake discs. Non directional.. just somewhat random.
- right side of the oil pan has a little bit of moisture. Prob need to replace the gasket but need to inspect better.
- first gear engagement is somewhat resistant but off the line only. Not when I used 2nd then 1st trick.
- stabilizer end-links need to be replaced. Planning to search for heavy duty adjustable ones. If anybody makes them for NSX.

Otherwise - keep learning the car :) Will post pictures with Works on tomorrow.

shawn110975, thanks for the offer. Will PM you tomorrow - I need right front fender liner and maybe few more things.

Last edited:
Niceee. Work S1's?

Blacknot went from an S2000 into a freaking BEAST with wheels...

he left my shop the other day and it sounded like he was going to break the sound barrier LOL

I love his car.

congrats ,car looks good with the "vintage" wheels.

Back