• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Buying an NSX tomorrow + VIN Help :)

The numbers in both of the ads are one in the same, however there's a $10K+ price difference.

Another red flag. Every e-mail conversation have included my offer of 18.5K. Actually just reduced $500 for a slow moving passenger window :rolleyes:

I'll keep you all posted about my adventure...

$18k is a ridiculously low price for that car if it were legit. There are people right now in the "want to buy section" that would immediately outbid you on it.

$29k, on the other hand, makes a LOT more sense (and would still be a great deal if the car is truly perfectly maintained with miles that low)

And $500 off for a slow moving window? How is that a $500 off issue? I wouldnt give a dime off for that on this car at $18k.

Do you have any idea how rare a properly maintained old NSX really is? Almost NO ONE maintains them right. The receipts showing the *three* TB/WP changes this car should have had in its life would be worth thousands alone.

If you really think you're getting one of the best 91s Ive ever heard of for the price of a beater, by all means wire away ;)

As for *feeling* right, and the fact that there are the two ads... When its a scam, there IS NO CAR. Just google this persons name:

Juliane Deluccio

This name seems to only exist for the purpose of selling this one car, at two different price points ($18,500 and $29,900) in Long Beach, Los Angeles and Lake Forest. Full name with a phone number.

Here is the phone #:

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-562-453-4502

Here is a quote from that:

"I call a call from her today...I was able to call the number back as I did not know who it was and she tried to offer me a trip....she was rude about it too ! SCAM and I suggest you call phonebusters."

You're welcome. This investigation was free ;) No need to wire funds :D

Last edited:
A quick phone call tomorrow will tell him all he needs to know.

Even if the car in the $29K ad turned out to be the real one, I'd have to ask about the mileage discrepancies.

As for *feeling* right, and the fact that there are the two ads... When its a scam, there IS NO CAR. Just google this persons name:

Juliane Deluccio

This name seems to only exist for the purpose of selling this one car, at two different price points ($18,500 and $29,900) in Long Beach, Los Angeles and Lake Forest. Full name with a phone number.

Here is the phone #:

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-562-453-4502

Here is a quote from that:

"I call a call from her today...I was able to call the number back as I did not know who it was and she tried to offer me a trip....she was rude about it too ! SCAM and I suggest you call phonebusters."

You're welcome. This investigation was free ;) No need to wire funds :D

When it feels to good to be true, it's is generally too good to be true.

The search continues, I'll keep on driving my S in the mean time...

Cheers all and thanks for the amazing prompt help / responses. Cannot wait to join this crowd

Well, these dudes are getting craftier and craftier. It used to be easy to spot them from a mile away, but they adapt and are getting better.

That shipping company you posted has very plush visuals, but if you read the descriptions, it's very much riddled with poor English translation.

The reason these guys still do this, with even seemingly blatant tactics, is because IT WORKS.

You made a good decision appealing to the NSX masses. Alot of the posters on here have varied backgrounds that could help you in a number of matters, not just NSX related.

I would never send money to any third company, especially that third company is not your choosing.

I would run away from this, not walk.

Done and reported!
I knew it was too good to be true, feel ashamed but it was wiser to check with the NSX crowd :redface:

Unless I can see the car IN PERSON and make the transaction IN PERSON, I'm not interested.

I live in the Washington DC area and flew to West Covina, CA to purchase my car. It was traded in at a dealership, I called and placed a deposit and had them disclose EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERY small imperfection on the car. My deal was clear - if I go through the list of imperfections you provide and verify everything is 100% accurate and find nothing else myself, you have a deal. If I find ANYTHING new to add to that list (even a rock chip you overlooked), then I automatically lose trust and will not be sure how much more you failed to disclose, I will tear the cashier's check in pieces and fly home and continue searching for another car.

Long story short - it worked in my favor and the dealership was EXCELLENT providing me a ride to/from the airport, lunch, a spare office with Wi-Fi to kill time during a PPI among other things, etc.

Have a look at the logistics website at [XXXXXXXXXX] Read their Online Exchange section and if it suits your ways, register and let me know so I can post the transaction."

I removed the URL in the email copied here because the website contains a trojan that attempts to infect the computer of people who visit it. Anyone who visited that link before I removed it, please ensure your antivirus software is up to date and check your PC.

Benn22 - Check http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams for a good rundown on the most common car scams. This deal had at least four big red flags waving, and a couple smaller ones as well.

I removed the URL in the email copied here because the website contains a trojan that attempts to infect the computer of people who visit it. Anyone who visited that link before I removed it, please ensure your antivirus software is up to date and check your PC.

Benn22 - Check http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams for a good rundown on the most common car scams. This deal had at least four big red flags waving, and a couple smaller ones as well.

Administator, please delete post or thread if you'd like and I'm so terribly sorry for the inconvenience!

Last edited:
Back