• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

C30, C32 or J

Dear All NSX guys
Hi
Im a kind of new here and sorry in advance if this is a repeated question which Im sure you discussed about it a lot, but as I'm looking for more detail let me ask and start from:
I had a 1991 NSX and I'm planing to make a race car from it. so the first thing in my mind is to use (modify) a C engine (existing engine of the car) or use the J engine?

If I was building a race car, I'd be using a J swap. It would be a motor you could blow up and replace very easily and cheaply.

Third vote for a J swap, if you haven't already seen the parts costs for the C engines.......you really don't want to know!

I would take the C30/32 out and eventually refresh it in the future but for sure preserve it.

If you are really, really, serious about "RACING" and will RACE your NSX 1/2 a month (not talking about trackdays, talking about real RACING) then you should know that shit happens ALL THE TIME at EVER RACE on EVERY WEEKEND and you want the cheapest / quickest way to fix it to be back RACING.

If instead you do 1/2 trackdays a year and like to post videos on Youtube/Facebook of your NSX going through tunnels with a free flow exhaust making orgasmic noises, then keep the C30/32.

Agreed with the above. If this is going to be a true race-only car, with the vast majority of driving only on tracks and doing such events really frequently, then the J-series motors will give you a bigger pool of replacement motors and parts. If you just want an NSX that is raced only occasionally but is doing more typical NSX stuff most of the time, then the existing C-series motors will be more than enough.

Ive also been considering a J-swap
does anyone have info about the rumors/possibilities of 350whp with stoker/parts bin swaping oem parts?
I have searched forums but i have not been able to find any actual dyno with over 290-300whp N/A and even that was with considerable internal work.

thanks.

Last edited:
J swap for racing if you take a 3.2 to the race track it will need to be sleeved at the very least

Back