• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Calling all local NSX'ers in the HB area

Being a new NSX owner, I attended my first NSX gathering at South Coast Acura, Costa Mesa this past Thursday. I was the first to arrive (I work close by) and was glad when over 20 NSXs eventually roared into the front parking lot. I had a blast meeting everyone and playing twenty questions with a number of car owners. Everyone was friendly and eager to talk about cars and parts.

Today, I rode my bike to an unsanctioned car meet in Huntington Beach a coworker told me about. I was surprised to see over 100 cars of all kinds jammed into the North East parking lot at Magnolia and Adams. A local donut shop ordained this event as the coffee 'n donut car meet or something like that. This event happens every Saturday in the wee hours of the morning. I arrived at 7:15 AM and the lot was jammed full. This is an early event due to the need to vacate the lot before the local stores open for business, except for the donut shop of course.

I plan on bringing my NSX to this event once in a while. I always enjoy meeting new faces and talking about hot cars. If anyone is interested in coordinating a meeting there one Saturday, let me know. It would be fun to get there early enough to park side-by-side and show our stuff. I also have another event idea, something more adrenaline producing. I'll post that thread soon.:wink:

Didn't know there was a cars and coffee event in HB. I thought the only one was is Irvine. Let me know if you and any others will be attending this Saturday. I was going to attend the one in Irvine this Saturday....but if you and any others are planning on attending the one in HB....let me know and I'll attend. Thanks for the info.

Tony

I finally discovered the one in Irvine located at the Ford facility on Gateway. While the one in Huntington Beach is convenient for me, I am most interested in going to the one in Irvine- way bigger with the kind of cars I like (performance sport cars)- like ours.

I am planning on going this Saturday to Irvine, my first time there. As most know, these Coffee and Cars events begin early- 7AM for the Irvine location. That means getting there at or even before 6AM to ensure you get a place to park. Maybe 6:30 works, I don't know. I'll bet nice weather only brings out the bigger crowds and the weather looks great for this weekend.

I plan to be there right at 6AM. I don't know if saving a spot is allowed or what the rules are, so not sure how we can park side by side. Any thoughts?

Back