• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Calling all NSXers in Mexico

I doubt it unless you want to get kidnapped or want to put a large target on you. It's too dangerous now.

Are you trying to hook up with that company in Ensenada making CF parts?

Many of the cars that are stolen in San Diego end up in Baja Mexico. Maybe there is a NSX in storage down there they can use. :)

Last edited:
How many thrill seekers are you expecting to find?

If there is any that fell between the cracks, they'd be smart to continue ignoring this thread.

I am from Mexico.

But you will have to drive few kilometers south, I am from Cancun.
At this time me and the NSX are stuck in Toronto, Funny to hear people talk about my poor Mexico.

I guess it is pretty bad in northern Mexico.

-MSR

I am from Mexico.

But you will have to drive few kilometers south, I am from Cancun.
At this time me and the NSX are stuck in Toronto, Funny to hear people talk about my poor Mexico.

I guess it is pretty bad in northern Mexico.

-MSR

"You guess it's pretty bad". Toronto sounds like a good alternative then!

Every time I go to Mexico its not the way people put it in the USA. I think there is a better chance of me getting killed in the USA by some drunk driver than in mexico by a kidnaper.

Every time I go to Mexico its not the way people put it in the USA. I think there is a better chance of me getting killed in the USA by some drunk driver than in mexico by a kidnaper.

Ya, but is there a better chance of getting killed by a drunk Mexican (driving or not) or an American kidnapper?

What a comparison

Last edited:
there is a prime member from mexico. i'm not sure where, but he has a very complete nsx-r conversion with the works that was done at Science of Speed, along with a Ferrari 360. i'll try to find his post.

found him. looks like he sold his nsx though.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/member.php?u=11368

Last edited:
Please don't believe everything you read in the papers. My wife and I built a home in San Felipe, Baja California. We spend several months here, every year. The US press would have you believe that all of Mexico is under siege.
I wouldn't move out of California because there was a shooting in Texas. Why would I be scared in San Felipe because there was a shooting in Mexico City?

Yes not all of Mexico is in seige but you still have to know where not to go.

Most people are not willing to take the chance and find out where to go and where not to go.

Some good reading here

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_4755.html

"U.S. citizens traveling throughout Mexico should exercise caution in unfamiliar areas and be aware of their surroundings at all times. Bystanders have been injured or killed in violent attacks in cities across the country, demonstrating the heightened risk of violence in public places. In recent years, dozens of U.S. citizens living in Mexico have been kidnapped and most of their cases remain unsolved. U.S. citizens who believe they are being targeted for kidnapping or other crimes should notify Mexican law enforcement officials and the U.S. Embassy in Mexico City or the nearest U.S. consulate as soon as possible. Any U.S. visitor who suspects they are a target should consider returning to the United States immediately. U.S. citizens should be aware that many cases of violent crime are never resolved by Mexican law enforcement, and the U.S. government has no authority to investigate crimes committed in Mexico."

China can be just as bad with all the crap/scams/kidnapping that they try to pull on people. Just as in with everything its always better to know someone who can show you the ropes there.

Last edited:
Yes not all of Mexico is in seige but you still have to know where not to go.

Most people are not willing to take the chance and find out where to go and where not to go.

Some good reading here

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_4755.html

"U.S. citizens traveling throughout Mexico should exercise caution in unfamiliar areas and be aware of their surroundings at all times. Bystanders have been injured or killed in violent attacks in cities across the country, demonstrating the heightened risk of violence in public places. In recent years, dozens of U.S. citizens living in Mexico have been kidnapped and most of their cases remain unsolved. U.S. citizens who believe they are being targeted for kidnapping or other crimes should notify Mexican law enforcement officials and the U.S. Embassy in Mexico City or the nearest U.S. consulate as soon as possible. Any U.S. visitor who suspects they are a target should consider returning to the United States immediately. U.S. citizens should be aware that many cases of violent crime are never resolved by Mexican law enforcement, and the U.S. government has no authority to investigate crimes committed in Mexico."

China can be just as bad with all the crap/scams/kidnapping that they try to pull on people. Just as in with everything its always better to know someone who can show you the ropes there.

Just to put things in perspective and to be fair there are many places right here in the bay area where I wouldn't venture into and especially at night and absolutly never with the NSX.
In fact, I'd say that you could make the same case for just about any place in country.
There's alot of scary places in world. You just wouldn't think it would be the humans that are the most dangerous.

Jack

Just to put things in perspective and to be fair there are many places right here in the bay area where I wouldn't venture into and especially at night and absolutly never with the NSX.
In fact, I'd say that you could make the same case for just about any place in country.
There's alot of scary places in world. You just wouldn't think it would be the humans that are the most dangerous.

Jack

Yes you can and I agree with you however the cops here are way better than most countrys and at least if I go to a crappy area I can bring my 45 with me.

I plan to go to mexico some day.....cancun or the other nice tourist areas.

Ya, but is there a better chance of getting killed by a drunk Mexican (driving or not) or an American kidnapper?

What a comparison

WTF?

I love Mexico and I hate that only bad news is put in the USA when is comes to Mexico or any other country that is south of the USA.

Yes you can and I agree with you however the cops here are way better than most countrys and at least if I go to a crappy area I can bring my 45 with me.

I plan to go to mexico some day.....cancun or the other nice tourist areas.

LOL really the cops will help you? When you have lived in places like I have like East LA and Inglewood you will notice that when you call the cops they will show up once its all over. I rember seeing this girl getting beat up by her BF on the street and she was really getting hurt. I called the cops and they get there 1 hour and a half later. Yeah good luck on getting the cops to help you out in places like that.

I have a home on the beach in Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) Mexico which is 250 miles south of Phoenix. I feel very safe there and have some great family memories!

LOL really the cops will help you? When you have lived in places like I have like East LA and Inglewood you will notice that when you call the cops they will show up once its all over. I rember seeing this girl getting beat up by her BF on the street and she was really getting hurt. I called the cops and they get there 1 hour and a half later. Yeah good luck on getting the cops to help you out in places like that.

WTF?

I love Mexico and I hate that only bad news is put in the USA when is comes to Mexico or any other country that is south of the USA.

Thats great that you love Mexico, would you take your NSX there for a nice little (no looking over your shoulder) two week driving vacation like I have done here in the good old USA many times. In everything from RVs to sports cars, not one bad incident with the public or the law. Never did I feel threatened, maybe I've just been lucky.

Now from what your stating my wife and I could take our NSX, Vette, motorhome or any really nice vehicle all the way to South America and back and not have the slightest worry. The American News Media has made Mexico look bad by all the stuff they make up and WTF, you don't get it.

Like I said before, everyplace has it's bad apples, I just think the odds of the bad apples finding you are alot higher there.

Jack

And now I hear you can't even pack a .45, WTF.

I lived in Inglewood too and I won't comment on that city, but most cities are pretty good now a days with their response time.

And yes I have more faith in the cops here than I would in the corrupt cops in mexico who want a bribe to let you out of jail or a ticket.

Take offense all you want...it is what it is. You don't see me getting all defensive if I hear bad news about some asian country (china or taiwan or whatever). I love how the black or hispanic comedians talk sh!t about every other race, but once a white or asian person does the same kind of jokes on hispanics or blacks then all the sudden NAACP is called and its racism......love the double standard. :rolleyes:

Anyways have fun in Mexico for whoever goes.....take some pics for me.

+1 with jack...just like in china you have to be careful where to go.....security and police might not do anything. People there are just as scandalous as any other country.

I still pack my .45 :D

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100421/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_drug_war_mexico

Last edited:
By the way check out a TV show called Dangerous Drives on the Speed Channel.

You'll especially be unnerved watching the episodes from South Africa and you guessed it, Mexico City.

If you show a hint of wealth, you better have protection. Even affluent people with bullet proof glass and body guards were nervous. They said it wasn't so bad when you were moving, it's when you had to stop that things could go wrong real fast!

Sorry, I can't live like that!

Jack

Back