• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Canadian NSX eh?

Does anyone have any comments or suggestions in regards to purchasing an NSX from north of the border? I am in So Cal and would have the car shipped here. Are there any DOT or DMV issues with importing the car? Anyone with prior experience?

Thanks, Great info. Actually the number I was refered to was Acura Client Services (800) 382-2238. You are in Canada, does you NSX have any known differences from the US models (i.e. Speedometer, Headlight specs etc.) What about bank loans, anyone have experience with banks financing part of this venture. I have heard horror stories of banks refusing to finance vehicles that are just one or two states away, let alone a vehicle from outside the country.

Attachments

• IMG_3862.jpg
    IMG_3862.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3863.jpg
    IMG_3863.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3864.jpg
    IMG_3864.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3865.jpg
    IMG_3865.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3868.jpg
    IMG_3868.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3869.jpg
    IMG_3869.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 1
HI,
THERE ARE A TON OF VEHICLES LEAVING CANADA TO THE U.S. AND THE MAJOR COST IS HAVING THE SPEEDO CONVERTED TO M.P.H. ONE OF THE ADVANTAGES IS LOOK OF THE DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS IN CANADIAN CARS. GOOD LUCK.

Originally posted by speedntktz:
I was refered to was Acura Client Services (800) 382-2238.

I have heard horror stories of banks refusing to finance vehicles that are just one or two states away, let alone a vehicle from outside the country.

Speedntktz,
I can tell you from experience that I had to go 8 states away for my NSX, less if you go alphabetically VA>WI>VA.
smile.gif
I had no problem at all with financing. The loans are normally made on YOUR creditworthyiness, not necessarily something about your car.

One thing to keep in mind that just happend to a friend of mine. He is working over in Germany and just bought a EuroSpec next Gen M5. Well when he went to import it, they said that the US has not yet received one of this type, so his would have to be CRASH TESTED! Obviously, that was a deal breaker. After shipping the car all the way back to the Fatherland... he had to sell it and take his losses. Not a pretty sight. I wouldn't advise buying a Type S or a Zero since you may have to relinquish it to the concrete barrier.

One more thing about Acura Customer Service at the number you gave - They are not very helpful (EDITED FOR PG RATING)! Don't waste your time. I have called them 3-4 times about issues that I had and they are powerless to do anything but try to sooth your frazzled nerves. Call them if you want to wait on hold for 2 hours and then want to spend 8 minutes getting nowhere. They are a big waste of time.

------------------
Gordon G. Miller, III
Y2K NSX #51 Yellow/Black

[This message has been edited by G-man (edited 05 June 2000).]

Attachments

• IMG_3874.jpg
    IMG_3874.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3877.jpg
    IMG_3877.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3879.jpg
    IMG_3879.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3878.jpg
    IMG_3878.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3880.jpg
    IMG_3880.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3891.jpg
    IMG_3891.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3881.jpg
    IMG_3881.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3870.jpg
    IMG_3870.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 4
I just recently went to the bank to get a loan for the purchase of my NSX. Due to the fact that it was out of state they refused to give the loan. The only reason behind that being that they physically had to have a WA (where I live) state State Patrol inspection sheet. The only way to get one? To bring the car to WA and have them inspect it. Not something that someone who is a few states away will do, just on goodwill. I ended up just taking out the cash from my account and paying for it. So much for offering the bank my business
smile.gif

Maybe this procedure varies from bank to bank? Anyone have any info on how that works?

Originally posted by Edo:
I just recently went to the bank to get a loan for the purchase of my NSX. Due to the fact that it was out of state they refused to give the loan

I had a long reply typed, but the system ate it all but your quote... Hmmmm. Browser problems. Now I can't delete it only edit. Sorry.

[This message has been edited by G-man (edited 05 June 2000).]

Back